Post your Rig!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My turn......

MarksRig2.jpg

halfstack.jpg

Love my RoadKing!!

Gtrzan 99 - Your setup has changed a bit!

Few questions:

How do you like that wireless, most people seem to be raving about it.

On the GCX switcher, why do you have the two inputs (buffered, and unbuffered) connected like that on the front?

Hello,
So there is no confusion. I am a recent convert to the Mesa family and LOVE it!!!. As a nickname, Gtrzan99, I have used that for other things since 1999. But to reduce possible confusion I could/would change it if necessary. The above pics are actually my first pic posts on this site.

1. X2 Wireless...I was using a Telex UHF TD that I bought back in '97-'98. Having nothing to compare the Telex to, my impression of it was " Sounds great to me". It still works very well. With the X2 I heard an immediate difference, for the better. As of now I can tell you it works awesome around the house, I will take it on a "gig run" this Saturday. I expect it to perform flawlessly.

2. GCX in/out...On the Voodoolab web site it suggests using the back to front connects....In my case, I run the wireless out, to the GCX Back, at gigs, I run a Wah to the front of the stage and use the front connects as the send/return. Then on the back I jumper to the loops. The GCX has a buffer circuit on the Guitar In side, and I think it is a debatable topic of discussion between GCX owners. It has been suggested that it sucks tone. I personnally haven't A/B'ed it and therefore do not have any value added comments.
Anyway, in the garage I get lazy at times and don't use the wah and just jumper the GCX out from the front.

I am really diggin this setup with the RKII.

Regards,
Mark

disassembled said:
Here's some of the things I've gotten since I came home on leave:
september06003.jpg

This is my Mark IV that I bought for $1050 along with a Quad pre and Halfback 412 built into a roadcase with C-90's and EVM's.

september06002.jpg

A better look at the Mark IV

september06006.jpg

I sold 2 of these in 25 days plus 1 early 2 channel. I can't get my tone out of recto. They are too harsh and grainy.

september06001.jpg

The quad is one Bad *** mofo. It's great I love it and I'm kidnapping it to Japan!

Greg[/img]
where's you power amp for the quad preamp?

@voodoo child:
Hey nice rig, bro :).
Engl cabs and stiletto stage I rules, right ;)

dsc00772ab4.jpg

dsc00277md7.jpg

dsc00298hx0.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't find pics of my pedalboard, the little Fame 15W alltube amp and 3 of my other guitars.
I guess it'll be time for a big rigshot ;).

**** mr. stiletto. that is a very very pretty rig. i'd love to hear that stiletto and the h&k side by side. i bet that pushes some serious air. how do you normally run your rig?

Thanks bro :).
At bigger gigs I run the stiletto and the 4x12" for crunch and leadsounds (boostet with a rodenberg GAS 828) and the H&K does the cleanstuff with my 2x12" (A/B-split).

Guitars -> Fuzz - Wah - Boosters - EQ - Chorus - Phaser -> A/B Box:
A) --> Stiletto (Delay in Loop) -> Engl 4x12"
B) --> Duotone -> Engl 2x12"

The cleansound of the H&K is really awesome and stiletto does the rest.
I have to try both amps parallel with cleans/crunch/lead but unfortunately I hadn't a chance to do this, yet.
I'm sure this would be very nice, too!

At small gigs, the Stiletto is doing the job alone in 50W mode and the 2x12".

Very nice shush. How's the 513 sound compared to a Custom 22/24? I haven't gotten a chance to play one yet.

The 513 is absolutely astounding, the only thing that took a little time to get used to was that the 513 fret wire is different to a custom 24 in that the fret wire is very tall. Other than that the guitar covers everything you can throw at it, try one......... but be warned you'll want one :)

Think I got the rig complete for now. :)

Mark IV on an open back C90 cab and Thiele EVM.
Mark IIC+ combo with C90 and Thiele EVM.

Boogies.jpg

How do you like the Odyssey Werklight3000 ? Lights look cool, but is the power conditioning part of it good and safe, like Furman or Monster? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back