Post your rig part 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lionel69 said:
thanks alot for giving gas on that wicky looking eq
Dude, that EQ is so versatile and QUIET. I use it to sweeten up the cleans and as a mid-boost for soloing with a bit of dirt. It's on almost all the time one way or the other. Seriously impressive piece of gear - the Fromel Shape, I highly recommend it. And I put it back in the loop at the front of the chain. It was just too aggressive up front.

The current board configuration
IMG_0001a_zpscf673989.jpg

A little cosmetic upgrade on the Mini (note my daughter's neon orange fingernail polish so my blind arse can see the bloody knobs when I'm setting my baseline in a dark club). Those clean channel settings are my new favorite. Actually, I just dime the gain and master on the clean setting, and it's superb; the Mini loves having the power section pushed like that, especially with the EQ kicked in. Great medium OD with oodles of sustain and hardly any compression.
IMG_0003a2a_zps3066b2ba.jpg

The whole enchilada
IMG_0003a_zps713e594a.jpg

I've never been happier with my rig. I guess now I have to actually play stuff.

D74F2A5C-9117-4695-8EDC-B9C3958F6024-1898-000000B813EA8B89_zpsbaf1298d.jpg

Hi There,

quick video for introducing my Boogie "mark" Family.
5 MK IIC+ are welcoming the new one, an early SRX pretty clean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=thJ1zJTm11U

:D

joe web said:
changed amps within my rigs last week and therefore i got the chance to make a "stacked" picture of the gear.
DC-5, Rectoverb II, Roadster, Recto 4x12" straight/slanted

Mesa%20Stack.jpg

:shock: Wow! They all look the same. I'm curious what you use each amp for? I'm not saying I wouldn't buy something similar but there seems to be some redundancy. Keep in mind, this coming from a person who thinks two Mesa Boogie Roadster Combos as his dream set up. :lol:

Hi, those are not sounding the same as tubes assortments are pretty different. Beside, such "non consistency" on the old mark did exist at that time. I play mostly 2 of those, the others amps are stored in a separate house.
That being said, Dual Rectifiers sound killer too :D

Given To Fly said:
joe web said:
changed amps within my rigs last week and therefore i got the chance to make a "stacked" picture of the gear.
DC-5, Rectoverb II, Roadster, Recto 4x12" straight/slanted

:shock: Wow! They all look the same. I'm curious what you use each amp for? I'm not saying I wouldn't buy something similar but there seems to be some redundancy. Keep in mind, this coming from a person who thinks two Mesa Boogie Roadster Combos as his dream set up. :lol:

LOL, they really sound different.
the Rectoverb is by far the most aggressive amp of them all, the roadster is a well balanced 4 channel monster for a lot of different styles of music and the DC-5 is more of a classic rock-amp compared to the other. totally different kind of distortion, more compression, darker sound, warmer clean-channel - more MK series like.

My #1 amp and 3 main guitars:

650CSDDC127MkIII.jpg

MkIII Simul Class with R2 + Reverb mobs, Charvel 650 Custom, Charvel San Dimas (bone stock) and Carvin DC127 Duncan Distortion/'59.

The only effects I use often are my Boss DD20 Giga Delay and MRX 10-band EQ, occasional MXR Chorus or very old Phaser and Boss Octave Pedal.

Have to play around with the UV7 every now and then also. :D Stock other than Blaze Custom bridge pickup.

UV7BK.jpg

Rig Update:

Sold one of my Rectos and my M13 to fund a Fractal Axe FX II Mk II, a VooDoo Labs Ground Control Pro and a Live Wire PC1100 power conditioner. I slave my remaining Recto (EL-34's) through the FX loop return for power for the Fractal.

Also have added 3 new Schecter Guitars: a Hellraiser Extreme C1-FR, a Blackjack SLS C1-FR and a Blackjack C7-FR. Not pictured are a Mission Engineering Tap Tempo pedal and a Roland EV-5 expression pedal. Plan to add a Mission Engineering EP-1 soon, replacing the Roland that belongs to my other guitarist, as well as a Matrix GT800FX or a Rocktron Velocity 300 power amp. I love this setup and how versatile it is. The Fractal is simply amazing. Running FW 10.02.

92c68db0-400f-42e7-9c94-e0d74f9bb1ee_zps635d0325.jpg

cc36f417-c4db-463a-b2d3-679b6ec094c9_zpsc15cf86c.jpg

6eb6557e-2592-4cda-8082-b817ac6436fe_zps7bc31de2.jpg

be03a496-3ddc-485c-b461-6ec725f7336a_zps2b568ff6.jpg

-AJH

You are out of your mind for having a white cab for live rig :evil:

Doesn't mean i'm not jelly :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back