Post your rig part 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
19042009238.jpg

There is some of mine!

whats those little black circles on the speakers in the above rig?

lerxst88 said:
whats those little black circles on the speakers in the above rig?
maybe markers where hit the cabinet with his guitar to make the biggest explosion for the best show on the stage :lol:

daveycrocketofmetal said:

How would you compare the Kranks to the Triple recto ? Are they very similar or would you say that one is better than the other at certain things ? Thanks.

Dave

As always, your rigs make me even more envious!

I've got a question for grantcooper2: That Sigma Drive? How do you like it (I assume a lot!), especially for leads? I've never heard of them before and I'm still hunting for boosts for my Roadster. Also, how much do they cost/Where do you get them etc.?

Thanks!

73h Nils said:

I've got a question for grantcooper2: That Sigma Drive? How do you like it (I assume a lot!), especially for leads? I've never heard of them before and I'm still hunting for boosts for my Roadster. Also, how much do they cost/Where do you get them etc.?

Thanks!

hey!

you are right, I do like it A LOT! Right now I use it basically as a clean boost which is on nearly all the time. It is extremely versatile because it has the toggle switch which allows for 3 entirely different feeling/playing tones which are all very low noise/transparent. One is very open, one is very tight/clear/lower gain (best used as clean boost), and one is a lot fatter and more compressed, with more gain...very smooth lead tones are found here!

Check out the reviews on harmony central (http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/CMATMODS/Signa+Drive/10/1) ...most are pretty informative. When I went for it I was trying to decide between the Signa, the OCD, the BB Preamp, or a OD808. I went for the Signa because I found it had a close'ish sound to the OD808/TS9 type boosts but could also get somewhat close to the BB in the 3rd mode, just not quite as compressed/fat/smooth...but close. I ended up getting the BB as well because I wanted to have "THAT" tone that the BB provides. Together, it is complete tonal bliss!

I highly recommend them though you will have trouble finding one used, and they are $135 new...which is pretty decent for a boutique pedal with true-bypass/3 modes/etc/etc. Check ebay or just go to http://www.cmatmods.com/signa-drive.html direct, which is where I got mine from. Chad is an awesome guy to deal with, there was a little blip in checking out and I paid less than I was supposed to, I told him and asked if he wanted the extra $5-$10 it was for shipping (being the honest guy I am :D ) and he told me not to worry about it. Nothing major but obviously a very cool guy with great communication and quick service.

-grant

How would you compare the Kranks to the Triple recto ? Are they very similar or would you say that one is better than the other at certain things ? Thanks.
i know i'll probably get alot of flak for it, but the krank cab just sounds warmer, less compressed. Im thinking of putting eminence texas heats in the bottom cab. But then you can also argue that guitar is a mids instrument and for them not to compete w/ the bass guitar less bass is better. So just playing in the garage Krank/ playing w/ band Mesa. but both of them mixed together hella chunky. :evil:

grantcooper2 said:
73h Nils said:

Thanks!

hey!

you are right, I do like it A LOT! Right now I use it basically as a clean boost which is on nearly all the time. It is extremely versatile because it has the toggle switch which allows for 3 entirely different feeling/playing tones which are all very low noise/transparent. One is very open, one is very tight/clear/lower gain (best used as clean boost), and one is a lot fatter and more compressed, with more gain...very smooth lead tones are found here!

Check out the reviews on harmony central (http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/CMATMODS/Signa+Drive/10/1) ...most are pretty informative. When I went for it I was trying to decide between the Signa, the OCD, the BB Preamp, or a OD808. I went for the Signa because I found it had a close'ish sound to the OD808/TS9 type boosts but could also get somewhat close to the BB in the 3rd mode, just not quite as compressed/fat/smooth...but close. I ended up getting the BB as well because I wanted to have "THAT" tone that the BB provides. Together, it is complete tonal bliss!

I highly recommend them though you will have trouble finding one used, and they are $135 new...which is pretty decent for a boutique pedal with true-bypass/3 modes/etc/etc. Check ebay or just go to http://www.cmatmods.com/signa-drive.html direct, which is where I got mine from. Chad is an awesome guy to deal with, there was a little blip in checking out and I paid less than I was supposed to, I told him and asked if he wanted the extra $5-$10 it was for shipping (being the honest guy I am :D ) and he told me not to worry about it. Nothing major but obviously a very cool guy with great communication and quick service.

-grant

Awesome; just the reply I needed. Incidentally the OCD and BB are the other top runners right now, along with the Maxon OD-808 :p so that just makes it swell haha. I'll check those out, I think.

Here's my current situation:

wallofmnhdeafmkIII.jpg

This is a crappy photoshop visualisation, haven't had the complete set together yet...

The "new" 2x10 has EV Speakers and is a lot heavier than my "old" 2x10 with Eden speakers.
The 1x15's are more or less identical.

Pics of the "new" 2x10 and 1x15 set (incl "gutz" pics) are on my site http://www.fcbass.com (see "Amps & Stuff")

FC Spoiler said:
Here's my current situation:

wallofmnhdeafmkIII.jpg

This is a crappy photoshop visualisation, haven't had the complete set together yet...

The "new" 2x10 has EV Speakers and is a lot heavier than my "old" 2x10 with Eden speakers.
The 1x15's are more or less identical.

Pics of the "new" 2x10 and 1x15 set (incl "gutz" pics) are on my site http://www.fcbass.com (see "Amps & Stuff")

You actually use that all at once? Or pick and choose from gig to gig?

I bought the second 2x10 + 1x15 set to be able to leave the big cab (PH1000) at home, I need at least 3 cabs with my amps setup.
There are two gigs this year where I will bring all the stuff and after that I might sell the PH1000 (if I can get over the emotional value)

So for now it's "pick and choose from gig to gig" as long as there are 3 cabs :wink:
(PH1000 is rewired with a speakon, can only be used mono)

reilly said:
Here is my setup

DSCN2501.jpg

yo man how is that g-major 2? I am thinking of going from my Boss Gt-10 to a similar set up as that sometime within a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back