Petrucci mod, anyone knows what it is ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boogiebabies said:
Shep said:
Have you heard of a tale that one member on this forum knows of this extra +..No one Speaks of his name.. who would have thought it would have unleashed such demons when this topic was lasted raised and the truth was spoken. Many of us Older folk who were present at that time of great war tend to try and Forget such hardships...

NOTHING more should be say about this MOD...Or we might start a War of the worlds...

And on a serious note when is the new Dream theater ablum coming..sounds like it's going to be a Real hum-digger!

Those guys were dicks. I'm not a philanthopist. When the time is right and I feel 1000% certain that I have hit the mark, I will share the wealth.
I'll give the mods out for free, but you have to call a 1-900 number and answer 42 questions. Russ's Idea. Brilliant !!!! :D

Dicks are abit of a understandments... those guy's probabley have never played a mesa in there life...you can hear them say-why should we buy mesa when we have our marshall AVT/MGFX amp's? mesa isn't in the same league as our marshalls !....

I just think how aggressive people got and then i think why the hell are you on this forum...

Boogiebabies said:
Elpelotero said:
yup....that board is correct. At least that's the opinion I have come to after reading several things regarding that weird knob on the front of his amp. Think of it as a boost knob on a graphic EQ pedal...

He also has his amp modded for more gain, but Mesa has never and will never release this mod. They don't even attest to it existing!

More Gain !!!! That's effin crazy.

My ultimate advice is to play the amp and stop chasing shadows and rehashing the same old topic.

IMO, gain and tone become inversely proportional at a given point. This will vary with the guitar and speaker(s) used. I try to use the very least amount of gain that will get me to my "lead tone". Volume is my friend when I can utilize it to get the harmonics/feedback that makes the guitar really "sing". I realize that this kind of volume is not always possible, but I seize the opportunity whenever possible :twisted: .

Latest posts

Back