Pat O'Brien fans?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lailer75 said:
in thier vids he uses whatever the newest models are, just rental equipment. for the global dvd i believe he used dummy heads on top, because i saw that tour and he had no heads on the cabs but had his road case off to the side. overseas he is at the mercy of whatever the venue can provide.
+1

pic from the show i was reffering to
patlive-4-2010.jpg

How did I miis this Thread? :eek: I'm A big cannibal corpse fan, and I went to one of their shows in May last year and It was sick. It was In a small venue in St. pete. I'm pretty lucky because... My guitar Teacher used to play in a band with Pat, And they are friends so, Pat offered to give guitar lessons to students that wanted lessons on his song! :mrgreen: So I thought that was pretty **** Cool! I live In the same City as pat, so It's nice to live in a city as one of my favorite guitarists. And he also uses EVM black label speakers in his cab for a cab rated at 1200 Watts :)

Cannibal Corpse guitarist Pat O'Brien will fill in for Exodus' Gary Holt when Holt leaves the Slayer European tour to play with his own band Exodus at the Estadio Nacional in Santiago, Chile on April 4. Holt has been filling in for Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman since the tour kicked off February 26 in Australia.

Holt's last show with Slayer will be April 4 in Padova, Italy; O'Brien will join the band for the April 6 show in Croatia, and will finish the European dates with Slayer that wrap up on April 14 in Holland.

Hanneman has amazed his doctors with his speedy recovery from an infection thought to have been caused by a spider bite. Following surgery on his right arm, he continues his physical therapy and has already been practicing with his guitar.

Remaining dates for Slayer's European tour are as follows:

MARCH

28 La Rivera, Madrid, Spain (Gary Holt, guest guitarist)

29 Coliseum, La Coruna, Spain (Gary Holt, guest guitarist)

30 Pavilhao Atlantico, Lisbon, Spain (Gary Holt, guest guitarist)

APRIL

1 St. Jordi Club, Barcelona, Spain (Gary Holt, guest guitarist)

3 Rome Atlantico, Rome, Italy (Gary Holt, guest guitarist)

4 Gran Teatro, Padova, Italy (Gary Holt, guest guitarist)

6 Zagreb Arena, Zagreb, Crotia (Pat O'Brien, guest guitarist)

7 Gasometer, Vienna, Austria (Pat O'Brien, guest guitarist)

8 Arena Budapest, Budapest Hungary (Pat O'Brien, guest guitarist)

10 Prague O2 Arena, Prague Czech Republic (Pat O'Brien, guest guitarist)

11 Lodz Sportshall, Lodz, Poland (Pat O'Brien, guest guitarist)

13 Volkshaus, Zurich, Switzgerland (Pat O'Brien, guest guitarist)

14 Klokgebouw, Eindhoven, Holland (Pat O'Brien, guest guitaris

I love the Bloodthirst tone. I think it's a bit more punchy and defined than E plague. Just sick beyond sick. Their playing is super tight. I think it's in A#.

lailer75 said:
30 Pavilhao Atlantico, Lisbon, Spain (Gary Holt, guest guitarist)
Correction: 30 Pavilhão Atlântico, Lisbon, PORTUGAL!
Lisbon is the capital of Portugal!

Er...ok...this is the Zagreb concert. Trust me, they came HERE! I'm from Portugal ;). Shame on the organization for cancel the portuguese band W.A.K.O. right before they go on stage. And without any justification! That's the metal panorama in portugal...F%#& bastards!!!!

.....One other note, I remember reading somewheres that the 'Gallery..' album was partially recorded with a Mark III. Not sure how true this is, but it kind of sounds like it on the title track in the beginning where he's picking the individual notes. Who knows. That's probably one of my favorite tones right there, though. :twisted:

endless_mike03 said:
Patty rules. Hell of a player, hell of a guitar tone, too.

No doubt! I'm very selective about players in that genre, and Pat is without a doubt quite the exception. His work with Jack Owen is out of this world.

Just got done listening to some ole CC tones again. These are the tones that will some day influence me to pick up one of the older Triple Recs. I always forget how HUGE they sound. They have this nice sweet top end with humongous beefy bottom. Always thought they sounded so good live when they were cranked.

:twisted:
18.gif
18.gif
:twisted:

Rkorn said:
Something I don't get is the Metal zone...
With a rectifier!???!?!!?!?!? no need for a metal zone...
just adds noise... and gets less clear
Used as an overdrive, with Gain on 0, it could work. Some time ago I used an old analog ZOOM TM-01 (which by the way is MUCH better than the BOSS MT-2) this way and... WOW!!! Brutal metal sound!!!

Now that I think of it... I'm gonna try it again in our next rehearsal... :wink:

Back