Once again I'm doubting the V30's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One solution for the ice pick sound that is present for almost any speaker if you stand right in front of it, is the Weber beam blocker http://www.webervst.com/blocker.html - of course you can also build your own home version, it's just a paper cap.

OTOH, I really hate GT75s, they have that 80's Marshall staple sound, very "narrow" sounding, not massive as we would like for our typical Boogies. I have heard a SLO 100 through some Scumback Greenback copies, and it sounded extremely smooooooth. All the great lowend, with no ice pick. I still enjoy the V30s though :)

Cab question for jdurso. Do you have the Afterburner 412B oversize 32"W x 14.75"D x 32"H or the smaller 412B Classic 29"W x 14.75"D x 29"H.

Thanks, Tom T

I'm not overly crazy about the V30 by itself, but paired with a C90 it's a different story. I think they compliment each other well.

I go back and forth on these with G12T75's. I have an open back 2X12 with V30's and a closed back 2X12 w G12T75's. Together, they sound fantastic, but I don't always feel like lugging 2 cabs (albeit smaller sized cabs). But when I use just one, I find that the V30's matched alone with the DR worked well and the G12T75's matched alone are fantastic with my Deuce. But the both the DR & Deuce sound amazing with both of these cabs together.

TheMagicEight also had a goos suggestion using a 4X12 cab and these two speakers in an X-pattern.

Back