OMG - Just sold my RK, first show without a Boogie in 2yrs!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
Oh no!!!!!

I just sold my Road King on ebay and thought I had a couple of weeks to get my new amp and get the new tones dialed in. My lead singer just called me and said he booked us for this Saturday!!

I have NO Boogie!!!! First time in 2 years that I'll play a show without a Mesa Boogie of some sorts behind me. I have 2 classic amps - A 1970 Deluxe and a VOX AC30cc and a couple of Tubescreamers and a Jekyl & Hyde pedal. I guess I'll be working on my tone with the AC30 tonight to get it ready for Saturday.

Hopefully my new amp will be in by next weekend, I have 2 big shows next weekend that I need my Boogie tone for.

Oh yeah, I'm getting a Roadster 1x12 combo....... He's going to try to ship it out today.

Why'd I sell the RK and get a Roadster?? I needed/wanted something smaller but I still wanted a combo and the Roadster is a little smaller. Another reason is I wanted the cleans from the Lonestar that the Roadster has to offer. I'll probably end up putting EL34's in it eventually because I've started leaning that way with my RK over the last few months.... But the Roadster may be a bit different creature and I may like the 6L6's in it.

That's my story :wink:

I was actually worried about you, TJ, as I haven't seen you around here lately... thought I'd never see the day when you sold your RK!

Glad to see you are well, sir.

I have a Lonestar Classic that I put Ruby EL34's in a few days ago and I really like it. I think you are going to like your Mesa with EL34's. I have a DR with KT77's in it and I think this tube is a great compromise between the Big 6L6 sounds and EL34 crunch.

On the Lonestar the cleans did NOT suffer from the added benefit of EL34's in the power section.

BTW. I use my DR, (*head and 2x12), and LSC, (*1x12 combo), for the sounds you'll probably get with the Roadster. Good choice, IMHO.

tele_jas said:
Oh yeah, I'm getting a Roadster 1x12 combo....... He's going to try to ship it out today.

Who exactly is He? I'm dying for my Roadster 2x12 combo, where did you find a 1x12 so fast?

:?:

shnapper said:
tele_jas said:

Who exactly is He? I'm dying for my Roadster 2x12 combo, where did you find a 1x12 so fast?

:?:

My local store has both the Roadster 2X12 and 1X12 in stock. Melodee Music in Leesburg, VA. 703-777-7602, ask for Rick, he is the owner. I have dealt with these people for many years, family owned business.

Jeff

UPDATE:

Well,I played last night........ Man, I missed my Road King!!! The AC30 did OK on the clean to mild distorted songs, but just didn't cut it on the harder stuff or even the 80s stuff, but it got me through the night. Our other guitar player, after the show, said he wasn't expecting a much different sound from me but he could really tell a differnece and asked me if I could hurry up and get that Roadster pretty quick.

Also, I just boxed up the Road King........It's a sad day, but I'm excited about getting the Roadster.

I'll give ya'll an update when it comes in and I play it and how the two compare.

Finnster said:
My local store has both the Roadster 2X12 and 1X12 in stock. Melodee Music in Leesburg, VA. 703-777-7602, ask for Rick, he is the owner. I have dealt with these people for many years, family owned business.

Wow, I haven't been there in ages. They're a Mesa dealer now? I may have to wander over there...

Latest posts

Back