Nova/G-System or Analog Pedals with Mark V???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cometfalcon12

Reaction score
I had a Nova-System but it crapped out on me and I sent it back (got a bad chip one)
and LOVED the sounds I got out of it ... and everyone says the G-System is just out of this world ...
but they both lack Wah Pedals ...

I'm using analog pedals through the loop and sounds amazing but it's a little heavy
and would like to have the ability to switch a few effects in at the sametime versus
having to step on all the buttons one by one.

so I ask which do you think is better??
sound quality? live use? weight?
etc. etc.

:mrgreen:

The G-System does have a wah in it, but you need a controller pedal to utilize it. I love my G-System, it is a great match for the Mark V.

cometfalcon12 said:
I'm using analog pedals through the loop and sounds amazing but it's a little heavy
and would like to have the ability to switch a few effects in at the sametime versus

There are "looper" pedals that will let you put groups of pedals in a loop and
all you have to do is click on one switch and, say, three pedals will turn on.
Not really what you're asking but an option.

cometfalcon12 said:
I had a Nova-System but it crapped out on me and I sent it back (got a bad chip one)
and LOVED the sounds I got out of it ... and everyone says the G-System is just out of this world ...
but they both lack Wah Pedals ...

so I ask which do you think is better??
sound quality? live use? weight?
etc. etc.

I say Tone is the most important and so does everyone on this forum, because if weight was most important we wouldn't be playing Mark 5's we would have some light-weight guitar rig.

Personally I use a Line 6 M-13 effects board. I never ever thought I would like a Line 6 product but I love this pedal. I use the midi out to go to a mini amp gizmo then use the special cable from the mini amp gizmo into the mark 5 to switch channels, turn the solo on and off, Eq, effects loop reverb. I save my settings, both amp and effects with the scene on the M-13, then I just have to hit a single switch and I have the sound I want. The way the M-13 is laid out with the 12 switches I can set up 12 scenes with completely different sounds and access anything from country to heavy rock with a single step, no more tap dancing for me.

I should further add that while there are ways to use a 4 cable method and internally split the M-13 so that some of the effects are before the amp and some are in the loop, I am running the entire M-13 in the loop of my Mark 5 and believe it or not I sometimes use a hint of distrotion or OD in the loop (Mostly getting my Drive from the amp channels) and it sounds fine. This is surprising me since the hard rule is distortion and OD pedals are always in front of the amp. I haven't tried putting gobs of distortion from a pedal setting within the loop but just a hint of it to colour up the tone from the amp channel works great.

Having done both analog pedals and now the G-system into the Mk V, I can safely say I absolutely LOVE the G-System into the V. I paired it with a RJM Technologies Mini Amp Gizmo to replace the Mk V footswitch, and it is positively awesome. BTW, I set it up with the 4-cable method. Using Laird Williams' fantastic whitepaper to assist in setup and configuration, it was a cinch to set up.

I say go for the G-System.

Next, I'm gonna add a Nova Drive to my rig.... :D

RB

Red Barchetta said:
Next, I'm gonna add a Nova Drive to my rig.... :D

RB

Once you get the Nova Drive, we'll talk about how cool the Eventide ModFactor is in front of all the dirt, with the G-System's modulation effects post-dirt. ;)

screamingdaisy said:
Analogue wah out front. Eventide delay in the loop.

My Gforce sounds pretty hot, but I really only use the delay. I've got gas again.

Back