New to the forum (and Mesa for that matter)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennie524

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I found this forum searching for Mesa prices online; I'm glad I found it. I just bought my first Mesa (Dual Rec solo head), and am sure I'll be posting a lot looking for information from more experienced owners.

I also own a Fender Hot Rod Deville, a Line6 Vetta, and various guitars and effects.

I'm running the Mesa into a Yamaha 4x12 that's loaded with Celestion G12t-75s. I bought the cab several years ago to accompany a Yamaha T100, if anyone is familiar with that amp. I no longer own the amp, but kept the cab.

I'm glad to be a part of the Board, and hope to gain some insight from many of you.

In order to become one of us, you must perform the following tasks:

1. Sell your Dual Rectifier
2. Buy a Pre-1000 Dual Rectifier
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2

Did you know the 3 channel Rectifiers have Windows Vista now?

:shock:

I was expecting some of that.

For now, I'll stick with the current model. If I get a chance to play through an earlier model, I'll make a decision for myself on whether I should "trade up".

I guess I'll be relegated to the post-1000 club. Do they have their own forum in the basement?

bennie524 said:
:shock:

I was expecting some of that.

For now, I'll stick with the current model. If I get a chance to play through an earlier model, I'll make a decision for myself on whether I should "trade up".

I guess I'll be relegated to the post-1000 club. Do they have their own forum in the basement?
he he, welcome to the board, don't worry about those silly discussions, you'll go more into them in a while and you'll be able to decide if they're worth your attention or (more probably) not!

welcome to the board! i too have a dual rec 3 channel and it's been my favorite amp so far!

Bennie, welcome to the board and don't listen to that guy, he seems to be trying to start something. FYI, there's no such thing as a pre1000, so there's definitely no club to join.

Thanks for the info and making me feel welcome. :D

After reading a few other posts, I figured this was probably another forum member having some fun.

Welcome. This is a great forum because the moderators will let things go a long time. I HATE forums where the slightest disagreement causes a locked thread. A good fight is fun to watch!

There are some very sharp people in here when it comes to Boogies.

Don't feel bad about your post 1000 DR. I've only got a post 1000 Blue Angel...........

Best of luck.

Murph.

Thanks. I don't feel bad at all. I love the way it sounds, and I love the three channel capability.

Welcome aboard! 3-ch Triple here. While there is a great deal of mystery and hype surrounding the pre-500's, and while they may in fact be better for certain applications, rest assured there is nothing wrong with the more recent models. Learn the quirks of the FX loop and presence controls, and pretty much any Recto tone you want can be yours.

Jon

people make a bigger deal about the pre/post DR thing. yes the sound is different but not THAT different. in essence it is the same sound it is just textured differently and responds differently. a 3ch is just as good, it is also hard to tell. remember: amps have these things called settings. and these things called settings change the character of the sound. if you experiment with these things called settings your sound changes.

Aramism said:
people make a bigger deal about the pre/post DR thing. yes the sound is different but not THAT different. in essence it is the same sound it is just textured differently and responds differently. a 3ch is just as good, it is also hard to tell. remember: amps have these things called settings. and these things called settings change the character of the sound. if you experiment with these things called settings your sound changes.

Oh, NOW I get it... :D

Latest posts

Back