New to the board

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Swank

Reaction score
Greeting from southern Colorado. Just wanted to make an introduction. I recently picked up a Mark III no stripe. After watching the market on these, I think I got a pretty good deal and I'm definately happy with it. I've been a predominately SS player, but have been experimenting with tube amps the last couple years. After owning a 5150II, H&K Triamp, Peavey ultra plus 120 and a few others I can't recall ATM, I nearly gave up on tube tone. The Mark III isn't 100% there in the tone I've been searching for, but it's the closest by far. I still love my Randall Cyclone, but the Mark gives me a whole other option in tone. I'm now toying with the idea of going all in for a IIC+.

100_0617.jpg

100_0595.jpg

and some other gear pics :D

100_0288.jpg

101_3353.jpg

101_2758.jpg

Welcome to the club! You will find lots of useful information and cool discussions here. There are so many people here that can help you if have some technical issues or other problems. You will absolutly be happy with your Mk III, thats for sure!!!
DrBazooka

In case you haven't got there yet, try out a Boss geq7 or similar eq stomp box in the loop, and your amp will be a real metal machine.

BTW the am has the reverb knob, but no reverbtank at the chassis, so it probably started its life with another shell, and my guess is a combo, since your headshell is for amps without reverb.

tony777 said:
In case you haven't got there yet, try out a Boss geq7 or similar eq stomp box in the loop, and your amp will be a real metal machine.

BTW the am has the reverb knob, but no reverbtank at the chassis, so it probably started its life with another shell, and my guess is a combo, since your headshell is for amps without reverb.

Yeah, I was told that it started out as a combo, but was moved into a head shell and modded for reverb. I'm going out today to pick up an MXR 10 band EQ to fine tune the tone in there.

Thanks for the welcome guys :D

Welcome from Denver. Let me know when you get that IIC+ so we can jam and I can compare it to my Mark IV. :wink:

Hangar18 said:
Is that a ken lawrence explorer. whatever it is, it looks great

It's a Ken Lawrence copy. It's beautiful, but not the best player next to my Deans.

So I picked up an MXR 10 band at GC yesterday and threw it in the loop on my Mark III. I went to turn on the amp, and I strum an E chord. The amp starts making a funny sound. Kinda like an aaa aaaarrr aaaaarrrrr, then all the sudden it screamed "I am MARKZILLA!" and it took a bite out of my Randall Cyclone next to it :shock: This old sleeper has proven to be a beast. I'm trying to fine tune it to run in stereo with the Cyclone, but haven't found the right blend yet. I'm thinkin I'll just keep em seperate for different tones on different songs. MESA FTW :twisted:

Haha. Nice description of the tone. Glad you dig your new amp even more now! Stick around... there's plenty more tricks to learn. Try an OD in front set with gain at 0, tone to taste, and level at max and see what you think of your markzilla then!

The Swank said:
So I picked up an MXR 10 band at GC yesterday and threw it in the loop on my Mark III. I went to turn on the amp, and I strum an E chord. The amp starts making a funny sound. Kinda like an aaa aaaarrr aaaaarrrrr, then all the sudden it screamed "I am MARKZILLA!" and it took a bite out of my Randall Cyclone next to it :shock: This old sleeper has proven to be a beast. I'm trying to fine tune it to run in stereo with the Cyclone, but haven't found the right blend yet. I'm thinkin I'll just keep em seperate for different tones on different songs. MESA FTW :twisted:

LOL ... pretty soon, i look forward to your post something like this:

well, i just got rid of all my other amps and now have a MkIV to got with my 2 Mk IIIs and I need some custom shells ...

another convert. just don't tell anyone else, i am still looking for another one ...

roger

Welcome!

I was a big Randall fan myslef back in the day. Traded in a Laney Pro Tube to buy my Randall Rg100ES (long gone but not forgotten). One of the best Solid State Metal amps ever made!

I think you will be very happy with the Mark III with the EQ.

I mainly run my Mark IV with the built in EQ in and it is straight up heaven.

rvschulz said:
The Swank said:

well, i just got rid of all my other amps and now have a MkIV to got with my 2 Mk IIIs and I need some custom shells ...

another convert. just don't tell anyone else, i am still looking for another one ...

roger

You must be a frickin psychic. I just picked up a Mark IV last night
:twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

And I do have 2 SS amps for sale, and probably my KL Explorer copy will be on the chopping block after this purchase.

The Swank said:
rvschulz said:
The Swank said:

roger

You must be a frickin psychic. I just picked up a Mark IV last night
:twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

And I do have 2 SS amps for sale, and probably my KL Explorer copy will be on the chopping block after this purchase.

once again ... don;t buy them all. save a MkIV rev B for me ... not ready for it yet. or buy two and just hold it for later. note my sig - 2 Mk III and a LSC. I'm not metal - but I've tuned it in for shits and giggles with a MK III.

have fun.

Latest posts

Back