NEW RIG....FINALLY

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gothenburg

Reaction score
Well after 'winning' that recto 4X12 on ebay only to have the owner stop talking to me, I was considering a new dual rectifier halfstack shipped from the US or a [barely] used triple rectifier halfstack that was for sale in my city of residence (Winnipeg). After seeing and hearing the triple rectifier i put an offer of $2200 CDN on it (originally the owner wanted $2500). he accepted the offer and i am now finally in the mesa family. the rig also included soft shell cases and the footswitch. additionally the head was customized when ordered as it has a black face and black hardware. it looks sick! if i get a chance in the near future i will throw up some pictures.

i would love to hear some settings that you guys use. as mentioned in a previous thread my band played warped tour calgary and i had the privilege of speaking with Adam from Killswitch Engage so look for me to be posting the settings that he told me.

unfortunatly while i was on the road i lost the warrenty tags. i was wondering if there is anyway to recover the warrenty as it still has basically 3.5 years on the amp and cab.

finally, i wanted to thank everyone here for their insight and knowledge. i felt a lot better handing over the amount of cash i did knowing that i am buying a quality product that i can get any info about on the good old boogie board. you guys rule!

Just bough a Dual Recto with a Bogner 2x12 this weekend, so you may have to tweak this to your cab and/or taste. I find this to be a good, very thick metal rythm tone.

Channel 2, Vintage Mode, Bold Setting, Tube Rectifier.
Presence: 11 (o' clock)
Master: as needed
Gain: 14
Bass: 12 or 13 (depending on pick ups)
Mid: 8 or 9 (depending on volume)
Treble: 12:30

I prefer the vintage mode above the modern mode, thumps less, but sounds more balanced to my ears.

^^Right on with the Bogner 2X12 I got one and love it. In my experience the Bogner 2X12 is the best 2X12 ever.The projection is incredible and the feel is righteous. I bet it crushes witrh a Dual.

gothenburg said:
unfortunatly while i was on the road i lost the warrenty tags. i was wondering if there is anyway to recover the warrenty as it still has basically 3.5 years on the amp and cab.

I would def. call Mesa, give them the serial # and see what they say. Mesa is pretty honorable when it comes to warranties and warranty transfers.

I recently transferresd warranty on a Stiletto i sold to a friend so I know how it works . First of all i think they want you to do this within ten days of the day you purchased it . You need to have the original owners name and address and what store he bought it from , date bought and of course new owners name and address and lastly the serial number . I did mine over the phone . The number is 707 778 6565 - Monday - Thursday

Latest posts

Back