NEW Rectoverb!!! .. but I need some advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no soul said:
jargaguy said:
Question Luke, what cab's do you have? Do you have them on an Amp stand? Have you tried the ZW-44 or Boss SD1. I'd say do it this weekend if you can! Before getting the EQ!

JA

get a tube screamer, it beats both.

and on the note of the zakk wylde pedal, he actually doesent use it. He uses a boss SD1. go figure..

I've seen and heard about them, but $169 was pretty steep, I've got it modelled on my Pod XTL and I wasn't sure I'd get full CRUNCH and crushing distortion if needed & nice harmonics.

I also got the 44...because I'm a fan...and because I didn't want the Boss. I really like it!

Zakk actually has stopped using the SD-1 after almost 20 years and ever since the 44 came out...at least that what I read on BLS forum.

Got any clips no soul...I'd like to heat the TS in action! Mine are coming soon...you may be surprised at the 44's power!!

JA

jargaguy said:
no soul said:
jargaguy said:
Question Luke, what cab's do you have? Do you have them on an Amp stand? Have you tried the ZW-44 or Boss SD1. I'd say do it this weekend if you can! Before getting the EQ!

JA

get a tube screamer, it beats both.

and on the note of the zakk wylde pedal, he actually doesent use it. He uses a boss SD1. go figure..

I've seen and heard about them, but $169 was pretty steep, I've got it modelled on my Pod XTL and I wasn't sure I'd get full CRUNCH and crushing distortion if needed & nice harmonics.

I also got the 44...because I'm a fan...and because I didn't want the Boss. I really like it!

Zakk actually has stopped using the SD-1 after almost 20 years and ever since the 44 came out...at least that what I read on BLS forum.

Got any clips no soul...I'd like to heat the TS in action! Mine are coming soon...you may be surprised at the 44's power!!

JA

Tube Screamers can be a bit steep, but you get what you pay for, and they can be had for very fair prices used.

My biggest gripe with the ZW44 is that its on the noisy side, which I suppose you could equate to its amount of gain, but frankly thats something I dont care about at all. I only use OD pedals as a boost, Rectos themselves have more than enough gain.

And Zakk Wylde actually using the ZW44 is a pleasant fiction which is part of being sponsered.

He also doesent use his sig series JCM amps by Marshall.

****!! I'm being lied too!! :oops:

Oh well, I've still got a month to make a decision. I do like it though, It definitely gives me a boost and more harmonic ease. I'm trying to use it as a 3rd channel since my single only has 2 options w/ the foot pedal. I've almost got it!

I'm gonna work on finding the "truth" on this Dunlop endorsing thing!! :lol:

JA

jargaguy said:
****!! I'm being lied too!! :oops:

Oh well, I've still got a month to make a decision. I do like it though, It definitely gives me a boost and more harmonic ease. I'm trying to use it as a 3rd channel since my single only has 2 options w/ the foot pedal. I've almost got it!

I'm gonna work on finding the "truth" on this Dunlop endorsing thing!! :lol:

JA

Use the "solo" feature as third channel. Depending on how you set it up, the extra power amp gain can give you a different sound.

A hollwbody for high gain, pinch harmonic situations? I would consider another guitar before any stompbox or tube changes! Don't judge what the guitar does through a modeling amp, judge it through your tube amp!

OK No Soul, I did some investigating and here is what i found...

HollywoodZakk8760.jpg

I got his pic from..http://www.rockconcertfotos.com/index2.htm an awesome site!! I hope this is not copyright infringment!

taken in Hollywood this year. You can clearly see the 45 and make out the 44 ...and he's even got the EVH Phaser 90..pretty cool.

I also do know his real name is, Jeffery Philip Wielandt. I really don't mind if he doesn't use the endored stuff, but that would seem kinda strange, huh!

I've been thinking about using the Solo feature as you described, and don't know why I haven't. If I run it continuosly do you think it will mess up the amp, what about the tubes?

I've heard the Bad Monkey in action and it sounded pretty **** good!

JA

jargaguy said:
OK No Soul, I did some investigating and here is what i found...

HollywoodZakk8760.jpg

I got his pic from..http://www.rockconcertfotos.com/index2.htm an awesome site!! I hope this is not copyright infringment!

taken in Hollywood this year. You can clearly see the 45 and make out the 44 ...and he's even got the EVH Phaser 90..pretty cool.

I also do know his real name is, Jeffery Philip Wielandt. I really don't mind if he doesn't use the endored stuff, but that would seem kinda strange, huh!

I've been thinking about using the Solo feature as you described, and don't know why I haven't. If I run it continuosly do you think it will mess up the amp, what about the tubes?

I've heard the Bad Monkey in action and it sounded pretty **** good!

JA

Of course for endorsement puproses he will HAVE to use the pedal here and there and take some live promo shots with it. Its all in the contract.

You can use the solo feature all you want. Its just a parallel master volume. I actually play primarily on the solo volume, and switch to normal every now and then for toned down quiet parts.

and the Bad Monkey isnt a bad TS8 clone. If you could get analog man to mod it for you Im sure it would kill.

Back