New owner of Dual Calib. 50 +... I needs help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok. I had a RoadKing for a few years then had to sell it (money was short).

I was pretty much given a Dual cal 50 + by my father.

I dont know much on the amp, aside from the two threads I breifly read through on the front page here.

Anyone able to give me some real qwick settings to try out?

Download the manual from Boogie. It has some great example settings for you to try.

I dont know what kind of music you play but I set minr similar to the rock setting in the manual. The gain at 6 to 6.5, master to volume, lead master 4, treble 6 to 7, bass 3, mid 3, rev. to taste and pres at 7. Give that a whirl and let me know what you think.
The gain really doesn't need to be past 7 and the pres and treb are key factors. Turning the bass up will muddy the sound on this baby!

Just checked out your web site. Definately try the settings I suggested with the classic V shape on the EQ. I keep the treble side of the EQ a little lower than the bass as the amp gets plenty of trouble. The tunes sounded good!

I actually dig my .50 cal + more than my mark III. It's got a more tamed, smooth high end to it. It's darker, yet still just as aggressive.

Anyways, here's my settings:

volume/gain: 7 - 8
treble: 7
middle - 6
bass: 2
master: 5 - 7
lead master: 4 - 5
presence: 2

Graphic EQ in the typical V shape. bass slider near the top line, treble slider just above the middle line.

I prefer the master a notch or two above the lead master, sounds the thickest that way. It sounds alot thinner with the lead master higher than the master for whatever reason?

i must admit that I REALLY LOVED the cleans on the .50+ and the other tones were exceptional also. I miss it.

I basically used the sample settings from the manual, period. If i played a humbucker guitar, i dumped the bass more ... with the EQ ... not exactly the classic V. with single-coils - classic V.

I actually am looking to get another one. the old one's been gone 2 months. I suck for selling it.

Latest posts

Back