New MkIV-A combo owner here w/pics!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurfGreenTele

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've wanted a Boogie forever and I just sold off some pedals and things and picked up a '92 Mark IV combo locally for $800.:eek: Has a road case, that's good for a hernia.:D Just needs a retube and has a screw in lieu of one pot shaft, but it's working beautifully upon brief testing with some random tubes I had laying around (only ran it in Class A, tweed mode so far). Will get some clips up when the new tubes come in and I can open it up more. I've got hours of tweaking ahead of me, and plenty of research to do around here.:D

MkIV-2.jpg

MkIV-3.jpg

Shes a buet for 800. Looks alot like mine also - broken knobs and all.

I live in tweed class A. More than enough for most gigs.

welcome to the mahhhk side.

Thanks everyone! I'm really thrilled about this...I'm thinking it will satisfy my amp needs (wants) for a long time.

topcat0399 said:
Shes a buet for 800. Looks alot like mine also - broken knobs and all.

I live in tweed class A. More than enough for most gigs.

welcome to the mahhhk side.

Haha, excellent, is there a broken knob Mark club? I'll join. :) I haven't even cranked it yet, but tweed class A was already plenty for the gf to yell for me to turn it down...and she's used to me playing pretty loud when I had my Budda SD30.

A friend broke a knob on mine a long time ago. It was not that hard to replace. I think I remember Mesa mailed me the parts for free.

mule#1 said:
Turn it on simul and you wont hear her yelling anymore :lol:

:lol:

stephen sawall said:
A friend broke a knob on mine a long time ago. It was not that hard to replace. I think I remember Mesa mailed me the parts for free.

I'll probably give Mesa a call, is the lead drive pot easy to access, or would I have to remove some things above it? I might live with the screw if it's a pain to get to. :oops:

SurfGreenTele said:
I'll probably give Mesa a call, is the lead drive pot easy to access, or would I have to remove some things above it? I might live with the screw if it's a pain to get to. :oops:
I am not sure .... it was over 10 years ago and I am not even sure what pot it was any more. I do remember it was in that general area and on the bottom row. It was not a difficult job or took much time.

Latest posts

Back