NEW Mesa setup - need YOUR feedback on GT8 FX setup

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey bud

thanks again for the reply - this is drivin me insane! apologies im a slow learner on fx loops/pre amps etc, im new to all this but hopefully will get a good grip on it soon. ill have a read over what you've posted again (got it all printed out) and i'll see how it goes :)

thanks heaps again and ill be in touch

reags

PS: just tried it - im still a lil confused on one certain issue as my last post on bossgtcentral here shows - http://www.bossgtcentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=43435#43435

any ideas on that? basically, is there a way to get the 4 cable method to work like a fx loop setup without the wahs/etc sounding rubbish? (pretty much I'd like a way to set up a bypass to use just mesa tones and no gt8 - and real sorry ill prolly need an idiots step by step guide to 'what to press on the gt8 to get this' >< how embarassin :?

thanks heaps again storm

:)

Hey Storm!

Spent most of my arvo trying to figure this whole 4 cable concept - I think I finally sort of understand - please help/correct/direct me if Im wrong -

My Mesa footswitch button layout looks like this -

So what I've observed and assume from my Mesa 4 cable setup is the following -

1) When the FX button is ON and my GT8 fx is running with the LOOP off, it's using the GT8's onboard settings

2) When the FX button is OFF and my GT8 fx is running with the LOOP on, it's using my Mesa's pure tones blended with the GT8 fx

3) When I use my BYPASS GT-8 patch that I've specially set up with the LOOP on, it uses my Mesa's pure tones only

4) Overall if I'm correct, when I wish to use one or the other I need to switch on/off the LOOP on the GT8 as well as the FX button on the Mesa footswitch (I believe this was the cause of feedback/high pitch before as I had both loop AND fx on - which I think meant I was using both preamps or something?)

....am I on the right track....because I was sort of starting to get excited when for the 1st time things sorta worked out! :?

If I'm wrong about the above please correct me

Okies now for the final question (hopefully) - assuming that all my above observations/assumptions is correct, how would I do the following -

1) Currently my CTL switch is assigned to MANUAL ON/OFF. I'd like to keep this if possible so is there a method to assign the LOOP ON/OFF to another switch such as one of the top 2 BANK buttons? If not what would you recommend? If I also wish to keep my EXP Pedal's current WAH on/off settings, should I just scrap the CTL MANUAL setting I have and compromise with the LOOP instead?

2) Any chance you could elaborate on how I would proceed step by step in doing this as I've spent all arvo without much luck - was only able to assign LOOP on/off to the CTL switch. This was a piece of advice given to me from another Bosscentral member -

You should be able to set up some controll asigns for this.One assign to CTL pedal to turn off the loop.Another assign to turn on the ampsim.Assign the same pedal to both assigns.Such as the CTL pedal or EXP switch.If your amp has a footswitch box for channel and effects, it will only change the amp to clean or dirty, and youll only hear the "real" preamp when the loop is on.And the FX switch , if you have one, will only swicth effects on the amp and not on the GT8.You have to thing of the GT-8 as a set of stomp boxes.Your "real" preamp is a stomp box, and the ampsim is a stompbox inside the GT8

what a mouthful....hope it sort of makes sense (?)...

Thanks so much again

hey guys sorry to bother you all again,

i've let my good friend have a go of the 4 cable setup with my mesa footswitch as well and he's also noticed some weird flaws that i cant explain -

as i stated before:

My Mesa footswitch button layout looks like this -

So what I've observed and assume from my Mesa 4 cable setup is the following -

1) When the FX button is ON and my GT8 fx is running with the LOOP off, it's using the GT8's onboard settings

2) When the FX button is OFF and my GT8 fx is running with the LOOP on, it's using my Mesa's pure tones blended with the GT8 fx

3) When I use my BYPASS GT-8 patch that I've specially set up with the LOOP on, it uses my Mesa's pure tones only

4) Overall if I'm correct, when I wish to use one or the other I need to switch on/off the LOOP on the GT8 as well as the FX button on the Mesa footswitch (I believe this was the cause of feedback/high pitch before as I had both loop AND fx on - which I think meant I was using both preamps or something?)

....am I on the right track....because I was sort of starting to get excited when for the 1st time things sorta worked out!

If I'm wrong about the above please correct me

ok, so from that this is what my friend and I observed -

on SOME of the FX like the wahs for example, when the 'FX' button is OFF on the mesa footswitch and LOOP is ON on the GT8, the WAH is still active for some reason (?) and I can't explain it as it only happens with a few and not all. Are my 4 observations above correct or am I way off?

Pleaseeee anyone :)

Thanks muchly!

Reags.

The G-major does have a built in Wah. I use a beringer foot controller that has 2 expression pedals on it and I assign the first as a Wah set to 1 octave and the other is set as a volume pedal.

The g-major can do so much that I really couldn't imagine having the g-force which can do so much more!!!!! :shock:

I can barley work out how to use what I have!!

On a side note, wouldn't it be cool if all the aussie's on the site got together and had a BBQ/piss up and hassive Mesa Jam?? I'd be in that.

Sanchez

Latest posts

Back