New Mesa Owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmybcool

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new here and also new to Mesa. Today I took the plunge and bought my first real guitar amp. Well, I have a Fender G-Dec which is great for a beginner like me but the next step required something with more tone.

But I am concerned about my membership on this board. I noticed that I am the 666th member to join this board. :shock:

Is it a coincidence? Or is it more sinister than that? I dunno. :twisted:

Anyway, thanks to whoever hosts this board and I hope I don't bore with too many newbie questions. Seems there is a lot of knobs on this thing. Oh, I got a used Mesa Boogie Mark IV in a combo format with wheels on the bottom (thanks for the wheels this sucker is heavy).

jimmybcool said:
Hi all,
I am concerned about my membership on this board. I noticed that I am the 666th member to join this board. :shock:
Is it a coincidence? Or is it more sinister than that? :twisted:
Oh, I got a used Mesa Boogie Mark IV.

LOL! Hey someone had to be #666 (I'm glad it ain't me).
BTW a Mark IV is a great way to learn about Boogies. Just remember, patience is the key to controlling this truly awesome amp.

Yup. I am the same guy. Weird - I used the same name too. 8)

Well, maybe I should have chosen SATAN since I am number 666. I am having a very strange day.

But things are calming down. I bit of scotch, a dip in the pool with the wife, and now time to read the manual to this beast. Doesn't seem to be much there but one should not judge a book by its cover.

Cheers all.

jimmybcool said:
Yup. I am the same guy. Weird - I used the same name too. 8)

Well, maybe I should have chosen SATAN since I am number 666. I am having a very strange day.

But things are calming down. I bit of scotch, a dip in the pool with the wife, and now time to read the manual to this beast. Doesn't seem to be much there but one should not judge a book by its cover.

Cheers all.

Congrats on your purchase! Funny about your manual, my recto came with a 31 page manual :eek:

Congrats.

When I first started playing guitar it was with a Presonus mic preamp and my Fostex MR8 digital recorder with 2 monitor speakers.

I was tired of playing through that...I saved up my money and my first amp was the Mesa Boogie F-50 1x12.

I dont regret it at all. This amp is awsome! Now I want more amps :D

Just wanted to share that with you guys.

Dont worry about that number 666...its only a number.

I'm not really worried about 666. I'm not religeous.

I first started with a Fender G-Dec which is still a good investment cause it has built in jams you can play along with and a tuner.

But yesterday I plugged in to check the tune on a guitar and forgot to rejack into the Mesa and started jamming. NOT. NOW I am starting to understand just how tinny the G-Dec sounded.

I can't see a need for anbother amp - yet. Except when I get to Thailand I have a second house there and need to equip it with guitar and amp. Can't find a Mesa dealer there yet but I'm looking. :D

if you read the fine print of the bible (which i rarely do, im not religious)
in revelations it also refers to the number of the beast as being 616 in
some older texts. i think there was somethin in the news recently about
that too. the copy of the bible i happen to own (it was a gift and i just keep
it around for refrence is the Tyndale Red Letter New Living Translation.
page 726 at the bottom :)
food for thought...

Latest posts

Back