New Mesa Boogie OD pedal line

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msuscorpio

Reaction score
Just saw the announcememtn of the new MB OD pedal line. I believe there are 4 different models in all. Anybody check them out yet? I jsut bought a Maxon OD808 so Im wondering how they stack up.

Yeah...

I saw the pedals but ever since I got my MV I haven't had the urge to buy an OD or any kind of distortion. Been through a bunch of delays though :(

I have the Timeline. It's overkill for my style of playing but it's been a lot of fun. You can spend hours tinkering with it. Not a bad sound in it.

I opened another thread for the delay stuff...

But this thread got me curious as to how others are using OD and distortion with the MV? Are you guys using it like a 4th channel over channel 1 or you stacking them onto channels 2 and/or 3 as well?

I had my heart set on the new Bogner red pedal (which is amazing) until I saw this today. It'll be hard for Mesa to top those.

jb's 52 said:

But this thread got me curious as to how others are using OD and distortion with the MV? Are you guys using it like a 4th channel over channel 1 or you stacking them onto channels 2 and/or 3 as well?

I've stacked them on channel 1 (for gritty cleans) and channel 2 (channel 2 gain on 12:00 and pushed higher with a pedal for an alternate crunch tone). I don't really like them on channel 3 (too much of a good thing).

jb's 52 said:

I use my OD808 as a clean boost where needed in all 3 channels. Anything more than that is overkill on channels 2 and 3 especially IMO.

jmontgomery said:
I have the Timeline. It's overkill for my style of playing but it's been a lot of fun. You can spend hours tinkering with it. Not a bad sound in it.

Ya the Timeline is pretty bad ***. We had a guy try out for my band who had one that we jammed with a few times. We got him to learn how to play Starlight by Muse where he would play the lead keyboard/synth part on guitar through that pedal. Pretty much was dead on with the album sound wise. He didn't work out in the end, but that was definitely the coolest thing he got going with us in his short stint.

screamingdaisy said:
jb's 52 said:

I've stacked them on channel 1 (for gritty cleans) and channel 2 (channel 2 gain on 12:00 and pushed higher with a pedal for an alternate crunch tone). I don't really like them on channel 3 (too much of a good thing).

I was going to post a thread but will ask it here. You guys use Boosts with Mark I mode? I still for the life of me cannot get the tone I want. I set my sliders and have wonderful results for CH 3 in extreme mode. Real tight rythm and not too much gain. Just chug. When I set the E on Mark I mode I goes all low end like a blanket is over the cab. I have a MXR Classic OD and a BA Modified OD I am fiddling with now on Mark I mode. Thanks!

sean106ESP said:
I was going to post a thread but will ask it here. You guys use Boosts with Mark I mode? I still for the life of me cannot get the tone I want. I set my sliders and have wonderful results for CH 3 in extreme mode. Real tight rythm and not too much gain. Just chug. When I set the E on Mark I mode I goes all low end like a blanket is over the cab. I have a MXR Classic OD and a BA Modified OD I am fiddling with now on Mark I mode. Thanks!

The Mark I is a classic 70s tone... Real fat without a lot of control in the low end. If you drop the gain to moderate levels and start playing blues rock it'll make sense. Think Rolling Stones and Grateful Dead rather than Metallica and Dream Theatre.

The 80s Metallica rhythm thing didn't really start until the IIC/IIC+ era.

Beyond that, Mark I thru IIB tend to favour a different EQ shape than the IIC and beyond (see pic below).

8234163035_b563d03e50.jpg

Hey thanks man. I guess I am trying to get a different rhythm tone with channel 2 or possibly a lead. I will play around with an OD pedal and crunch mode.

Latest posts

Back