New Mesa amp rumor!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Fore

Reaction score
The Mesa guy that handles sales for our area told the rep at the store that there will be a new Mesa amp being announced within 2 months that will blow doors on everything. He wouldn't say what it was or give any details on the amp. I asked if he thought it was a Mark IIC+ Reissue or a Mark V. The guy at the store said that he asked Randall Smith that one time and he said, "I have moved on. I wish everyone else would move on too". So no news on whether or not is is a Mark V, but doesn't sound like it would be a reissue of any kind.

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this info yet. I'm trying to find out more, but it's not looking like I will be able to find out.

"I have moved on. I wish everyone else would move on too".

Maybe if Randall Smith listened to his customers.............don't get me started! :twisted:

I was afraid to look in this post and heard the news:

Our products are now affordable, we are moving production overseas to the Far East, we'll use inferior -er a mean economical cost saving parts ...

boy, that would have been a nightmare. :shock:

Then again what if: "We're going into modeling." :x

I don't know why he'd do a MkV. Mesa has had such good luck with the MKIV for so many years. Why mess with success?

All I am going to say is...

Don't believe in the rumors.

I should also ad that the Mesa rep knows better and needs to keep his mouth shut.

zeeman

I have been saying since I got my Roadking that Mesa should make a little sister of this amp. A cathode biased 4xEL84 power amp and a class A 2X6V6 power stage would make my amp line complete. My Roadking covers everything in the 6L6 and EL34 erea that I need. An EL84 & 6V6 amp with 4 channels would be the absolute shiznitz.

How about a reverb tank and a 5 watt True Class "A" option on the Stiletto's! And a pull Fat switch & a 7th mode called "recto".

I think they've already got all of the bases covered don't they? I mean... what are they going to do? Introduce a 5 channel amp with 4 different power sections?

:shock:

maybe bringing back the 2 channels? or blackfaces? pipedream I know but I love em and they're getting harder and harder to find... A stiletto-recto combo would be fun to toy with 8)

Didn't everyone get all excited for Winter NAMM only come away with the Fathom? I'm not getting my hopes up for anything.

4_1_72.gif
Here IT IS!
MESAEngineeringFlagship.JPG

Guitar Adjuster said:
"I have moved on. I wish everyone else would move on too".

Maybe if Randall Smith listened to his customers.............don't get me started! :twisted:

+1

Very true that my hopes were up and all we got was the Fathom. I have been leaning toward the notion that they may reissue 2 Ch. Rectos which would be sweet. Maybe a new Heartbreaker? Obviously won't happen but it'd be really cool to finally get those things in the spotlight so I could find one to try! It'll probably be something like the Express meets the Recto.

Latest posts

Back