New mark four owner just like to know about the ohm jacks

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Living_justice

Reaction score
Hi, just got my new mark 4, just would like some info, i got a marshall 1960b cab, i use the 8 ohms on the mesa and in to the 8 ohms with the slide switch to the left for mono is this right? any help for a noob thanks?. also should the mark 4 be noisy ? because mine is on the lead and rhym 2 not rhym 1 tho might have the volume to high, masters on 7 and out put on 5 any help would be amazing thanks.

your good with the ohms. At that volume the noise sounds about right.

If it is fairly recent, a 1960 would be 4/16 ohms mono and 8 ohms stereo. There is no way to get an 8 ohm 1960 using all four speakers. With the switch to the left, you will get 4 ohms on the left side jack and 16 ohms on the right side jack. Optimally, you'd hook up the 4 ohm out on the Mark IV to the 4 ohm mono in on the cabinet.

with the cab run it 4 ohms into 4 ohms mono...easy

with the noise, run you channel master's around 3 to 5.5 max....i run it 4 clean,3 rhy2 and 4.5 to 5 for lead ...running them like this will make the amp less noisey and more tighter/focused....if you fined then that it's not loud enoght then your setting's are out....if you have a mkiv A then turn the channel mid's ( the knob mid's ) up to about 6-7 if it's a mkiv B run them at about 4-5, then get your Eq put the bass slider right near the top/ the second one just below it the first one the mid just below the middle line and the other two in mirror image to the first to ( the V ) having the mid's higher up give's alot more volume and control over the eq in it's self .eg it will make a bigger change if the mid's are up... the channel two can be nosiey but, the lead on the other hand is very quite..

Tom

Back