New LSS - my fingers are aching!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredster

Reaction score
Oh, it hurts so good. Picked this up on Friday, practically new anyway:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270204365016

I didn't pay the BIN, it was a bit lower than that. Man, what a 3 day weekend this was! I've got callouses on my callouses. :lol: This is a really nice amp! Nice volume control, classic crunch and does fantastic things with a Strat. I can see where humbuckers can be a little muddy, but I was able to dial that out after a while. And a BB PreAmp in front is amazing! I was never much of a fan of pedals, but wow. I'd been GASing for one of these for a while, finally pounced.

fredster said:
Oh, it hurts so good. Picked this up on Friday, practically new anyway:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270204365016

I didn't pay the BIN, it was a bit lower than that. Man, what a 3 day weekend this was! I've got callouses on my callouses. :lol: This is a really nice amp! Nice volume control, classic crunch and does fantastic things with a Strat. I can see where humbuckers can be a little muddy, but I was able to dial that out after a while. And a BB PreAmp in front is amazing! I was never much of a fan of pedals, but wow. I'd been GASing for one of these for a while, finally pounced.

Congrats!!! I just got mine last week! My fingers are sore too....

Unfortunately I have to sell my strat to help pay for it....I got a Les Paul and a 335 that sound awesome through it.

fredster said:
Oh, I'll bet that 335 sounds great! That's another on my GAS list.

Yeah it does! I love the balance too.....Just the way it feels in my arms!!! Very comfortable!!!

Congrats!

LSS is one special amp. Plug it in, and wham you're rewarded with such tone. Yes, LSS loves single coil pickups. Both my EJ Strat and PRS McCarty Soapbar love it!

Personally, LSS is not so well matched up with humbuckers. My ES-335 sound good, but nowhere as good as the single coils.

And, does it also love pedals! BB Preamp + Ch. 1 (30w) = Blissful, sultry tone.

I just picked up a LSS this week!

It was so **** cold outside when it was delivered that I had to let it acclimate for a couple hours to avoid any condensation on the circuitry ...
... and as soon as I fired it up I couldn't stop playin'!

So far, I only tried my Custom 24 and Les Paul ... next will be the Strat, and I'm anxious to hear how a single coil sounds!

This my first Mesa ... always used Fenders (and still have a 2X12 Hot Rod DeVille). So far, I'm quite impressed with the range and quality of tone that the LSS delivers.

I'm still getting used to the controls and it will take a little while before I have my tones dialed in ... but I can tell that the learning process is going to be fun!

p.s. Hey Fredster ... I had my eye on that LSS you picked up on eBay. Almost bid on it myself. Looks like it is in great condition. Congrats and good luck with it!

enigma said:
Personally, LSS is not so well matched up with humbuckers. My ES-335 sound good, but nowhere as good as the single coils.

I have often heard people here say that the LSS does not do so well with humbuckers and that statement from my experience is so alien to me it is just nuts!!!!

My Les Paul and ES 335 smoke my Strat to pieces through the LSS!!! No comparison whatsoever!!!

I know statements like these are personally and only opinions however it is completely baffles me to hear them....

i respect others opinions on the LSS liking / not liking humbuckers

but i gotta tell ya, i played a PRS 245 thru a LSS 1x12" combo today and it had amazing tone everywhere from cleans, thru gritty/crunchy, all the way to classic rock singing solo tones ... i only played it in 5W mode, but that was enough to tell me it'g get 'er done for my needs

it REALLY liked humbuckers to my ears and fingers

then again, it was a rig that prices out just south of $5k, so it better have sounded like the tone of the gods

and it did
:D

anyone need a kidney?

t4d

Read my other post!

I too just bought a PRS SC245, and boy does it sing through the LSS!!! Both my sound engineer and bassist (also a sound engineer) complimented on the awesome tone. They think my SC245's the best guitar in my stable 8)

Latest posts

Back