• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Fender and Ibanez Guitars with cool upgrades

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottkahn

Reaction score
I'm parting with two guitars in my personal collection!

1. Fender Deluxe Performer Stratocaster -- UPGRADED
This is a killer Strat, in a beautiful blue flamed top with American Vintage Noiseless pickups, so why does Fender sell it with that hideous tortoise shell pickguard? I replaced that with the Fender white pickguard that makes it look so much better. I also installed Schaller straplocks in gold (to match the gold hardware). The guitar has less than ten hours of use on it -- I just don't use Strats for anything more than testing review amps (I'm the editor in chief of MusicPlayers.com), so this one is just an extra item I don't need. It includes a brand new Fender gig bag.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120482712866&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

2. Ibanez RGT42DXFM-TLF UPGRADED!
Dream Theater fans rejoice -- you'll be closer to Petrucci's tone with this guitar than with many other instruments. This is the guitar we reviewed, and also the one we featured in our pickup replacement/upgrade Tutorial on the site.

The dark blue/black flamed top, mahogany body, neck-thru guitar has been upgraded with a DiMarzio Steve's Special in the bridge and DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck, just like on Petrucci's old Ibanez JPM-100 guitars. The five-way switch has been replaced with the same Petrucci custom three-way wiring. The middle position splits the humbuckers and takes the inside poles from the neck and bridge for a beautiful clean rhtyhm tone. I also added Schaller strap locks. The guitar comes with an Ibanez molded hard case. See the auction for more details and photos.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110447838108&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Scott

but i can buy a new strat like that for about the same price. are you willing to make a deal for forum members ??

The Fender Deluxe Player's Strat sells for $699 from Musician's Friend. Fender pickguard -- $20. Schaller Straplocks(gold) $20.
So asking $600 for the guitar in brand-new condition seems fair, doesn't it? There's no reserve price, so as long as someone places the first bid, the buy-it-now price goes away.

Here's what I can do... if a Boogie board member in the continental US buys the guitar, I will waive the shipping cost.
:)

Hey Scott, GREAT site man! imho you should spread the word more about it. TONS of great stuff and reviews there for us gearheads 8)

keep up the good work and good luck!!!

Thanks Vigo1999.

A lot of folks around the Boogie board know that I run MusicPlayers.com, but every now and then it's good to remind people :). Glad you like it!

Scott

Back