new lonestar classic, but gonna have to return it..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmtrub

Reaction score
Just brought my new lonestar classic home, plugged it in, and everything was wonderful. Then I switched over to channel 2 and the channel light was red for a moment and died out.

Can I replace this easily, or am I better off invoking the guitar center 30/30? I just hate buying something new and expensive and having something wrong with it right away.

That said, the Lonestar sounds amazing, and I'm looking forward to playing on one more!

pmtrub said:
Just brought my new lonestar classic home, plugged it in, and everything was wonderful. Then I switched over to channel 2 and the channel light was red for a moment and died out.

Can I replace this easily, or am I better off invoking the guitar center 30/30? I just hate buying something new and expensive and having something wrong with it right away.

That said, the Lonestar sounds amazing, and I'm looking forward to playing on one more!

Definitely return it. You might void the warranty working on it yourself. Mine has been trouble free for 4 years.

good call. I'm just bummed out to have to bring it back already... hopefully I can find another one nearby, and soon! :shock:

You can return it to any GC providing you have the receipt. I would call 1st to check if they have a Lonestar in stock, and in the box, no demo's. Also it would be a good idea to crack it open there and test it out. How far are you from GC?

I'm about ten minutes from the nearest one. I actually asked if they had one in a box and they claimed that they would have it on the floor if it was in stock. I should've known better... I'd definitley prefer one straight from a box.

Hi pmtrub,

I see that you are in Portland, Oregon. Both the Clackamas and Beaverton stores carry Mesa amps. You can exchange it at either store. In the likely event that they don't have a boxed amp available, you can speak to the store manager and arrange to exchange yours for a different one when they get more stock. This should be agreeable to them.

If you'd like to pm me your name and contact info, I can help you set this up as I know both of those store managers quite well.

We all want you to get your dream amp and be completely happy with it!

Actually I'm working on Arlington Va for the next month. So Portland stores aren't going to be much help. Thanks though.

I'm a bit miffed by my experience at GC last night, as I also bought a Crybaby 535Q. Upon inspection in the store, I noticed that it didn't have the battery cover, and looked used. The next one he grabbed had velcro on the bottom and was clearly used. Third pedal, again looked used. Finally, at my insistence, he found one that was still wrapped in plastic... Needless to say, this made me apprehensive about making a big purchase.

They also didn't have the manual and packet with warranty info, and gave me the paper work from a Recto-verb to tide me over until they could get the proper paperwork in.

I left the store with a bad feeling, but excited about the amp nonetheless, then I get back to the studio and the light fizzled out. Needless to say, I'm interested in seeking out another Mesa dealer in the area... I can't imagine walking into a car dealership and questioning the condition of a new vehicle.

welcome to GC. i almost can't try anything there ... i tried to demo a couple of Mesas at the local GC for a month - both were broken and they didn;t care.

they then had a "blowout" sale and a lonestar head was marked down to $800 ... it shocked me when i went to turn it on. i guess i could have just bought it as new and sent it to Mesa for repair and had a steal - but i have a problem with buying stuff that doesn;t work ... i'm sure it electrocuted someone.

Which GC was it, fairfax or seven corners?

pmtrub said:
Actually I'm working on Arlington Va for the next month. So Portland stores aren't going to be much help. Thanks though.

I'm a bit miffed by my experience at GC last night, as I also bought a Crybaby 535Q. Upon inspection in the store, I noticed that it didn't have the battery cover, and looked used. The next one he grabbed had velcro on the bottom and was clearly used. Third pedal, again looked used. Finally, at my insistence, he found one that was still wrapped in plastic... Needless to say, this made me apprehensive about making a big purchase.

They also didn't have the manual and packet with warranty info, and gave me the paper work from a Recto-verb to tide me over until they could get the proper paperwork in.

I left the store with a bad feeling, but excited about the amp nonetheless, then I get back to the studio and the light fizzled out. Needless to say, I'm interested in seeking out another Mesa dealer in the area... I can't imagine walking into a car dealership and questioning the condition of a new vehicle.

plan-x said:
Definitely return it. You might void the warranty working on it yourself. Mine has been trouble free for 4 years.

For what it's worth, my trouble free LSC was a floor demo from GC. I just had to have it. :D Go get another one.

Man, GC is bad for having floor models that are torn up. I went to the nearest GC an hour and a half away and I was so excited to see a Stiletto Ace combo! Turned it on and the clean channel sounded weird so I tried the CH2 and there was no output. I was pissed! The one amp I wanted to play and I couldn't! There were 12 year olds running around playing crazy train out of tune everywhere. It was a disheartening experience for my first GC visit...

Sorry to hear about your luck! I wouldn't want a GC floor model amp personally... And I thought all amps played in there sounded terrible except for a Egnater Tourmaster 412 or something. It sounded pretty good...

You tell the store you want a brand new in box unit. They should be able to ship it from any guitar center that has one.

Yeah seven corners they beat the crap out of the equipment, no one there really takes care of anything.

Todd

pmtrub said:
So if not a floor model, where does one get a Mesa that hasn't been heavily demoed?

Mesa artists relations . Dont be afraid to call them if you have a problem . You have a warranty ! Monday - Thursday 9-5 pacific time . 707 778 6565

GCMgr said:
Hi pmtrub,

I see that you are in Portland, Oregon. Both the Clackamas and Beaverton stores carry Mesa amps. You can exchange it at either store. In the likely event that they don't have a boxed amp available, you can speak to the store manager and arrange to exchange yours for a different one when they get more stock. This should be agreeable to them.

If you'd like to pm me your name and contact info, I can help you set this up as I know both of those store managers quite well.

Did you catch the name? "GCMgr"

plan-x said:
GCMgr said:
Hi pmtrub,

I did see that. I wouldn't say this is my "dream amp", it's a piece of equipment that I need for work, and I have rightfully high expectations for the price and the reputation of the brand. No sense romanticizing.

GC has gotten a lot of my business over the years, and I don't mean strings and picks. My money goes where I get what I pay for, and right now I'm not impressed with GC.

vent over, I'll take care of it tomorrow...

Thanks for all the input fellas, much appreciated!

We're good now.

Rockville MD guitar center for the win. Manager there was helpful.

Now onto more important things, like actually playing the **** thing!

plan-x said:
GCMgr said:
Hi pmtrub,

Yes, I am a GC store manager. I do what I can to help people on this board who are having problems with their local GC's.

pmtrub, glad the Rockville guys made it right. Hope you enjoy your amp. :D

Back