Need a MIDI controller for my TriAxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
What do you guys recommend? I'm thinking about a ground control pro, but was hoping there was something that worked just as well but was a little cheaper.

If you can find a used Axess MFC5 that would be one option. Another is a used ADA MC-1 which you can get for under $100.

I just picked up a old ART X15 from Guitar Center used for $25. Looked like it had never been used and works like a champ. It wouldnt be my first choice for a midi pedal,but for $25 as a backup, I aint complainin'. :D

Boogie4Life said:
I just picked up a old ART X15 from Guitar Center used for $25. Looked like it had never been used and works like a champ. It wouldnt be my first choice for a midi pedal,but for $25 as a backup, I aint complainin'. :D

I've got one of these too, and I'm in the process of stripping and re-painting it (mine had the pink graphics :shock: ), but it's a good controller and if you are handy with a soldering iron it's pretty eay to convert over to a powered 7 pin midi cble so you don't need an outside power source.

I used the Behringer FCB1010, I picked it up from eBay, much cheaper than Mesa’s abraxas. It has an expression pedal which is great for triaxis version 2. Only down side is that it needs it’s own power supply, and is not powered through the triaxis via midi cable. I don’t use the rack equipment now as I’ve gone back to the mark series amps.
Ian

While these others are cheaper then the GC Pro none are as good or do as much, I would save for the GC Pro it's worth it.

t0aj15 said:
While these others are cheaper then the GC Pro none are as good or do as much, I would save for the GC Pro it's worth it.

Yeah, but if you are using it just for changing patches on the Triaxis, it's hardly worth the extra cost. The benefit of the GCPro is the instant access/CC switches.

Well, at that point, if he has to save for a GCX, I would wait a month more and get an FX-1 from Axess Electronics...doesn't make sense.
Probably would be easier to go with the Behringer FCB1010. It always comes down to: WHAT ARE YOU GONNA USE IT FOR? :D

best regards

Manu

True, but again, the extra features of the FX-1 will be wasted if you just want to change patches. For simple patch change, or even banks of 4 with instant access, I would highly recommend the original Ground Control. You can get one for $100 on eBay, and it is phantom powerable.

I own 3 of the older Ground Contol pedals - great units, and cheaper than Ground Control Pro.

The advantage of the Ground Control & Behringer pedals over the cheaper midi pedals is that they can communicate with mutiliple devices over multiple midi channels. In other words no midi mapping is required when using multiple midi devices/effects.

If money weren't an issue I would have gotten the Rocktron All Access.

What I ended up with is the Lexicon MPX-R1. I got it used for about $125. It has the 7 pin midi capability built in for phantom power, it has some CC capability, and it has an expression pedal built in. The only drag is the Tap button is useless because it's system exclusive.

It has worked out well so far for me though... YMMV.

Chris... 8)

Look for a used Digitech PMC-10. These things can send multiple simulataneous program control messages per footbutton, so you can change your MIDI effects with a program control message on one MIDI channel, and the Triaxis with a different program control message on another MIDI channel. In other words, you can control your effects and Triaxis independent of each other without resorting to MIDI mapping.

Latest posts

Back