NAMM 2009 Thread

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
danyeo1 said:
:lol: Yeah, Electra sounds like some sleazy go-go dancer.
Man! How could you say such a mean thing about this sweet, innocent girl? :wink:
carmen_electra.JPG

Ok, guys; here it is!

http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Mark_Series/mark5/mark5.html

"Yeah, it's just a Nomad..."

Beat me too it was posting same time as you were and I got timed out... ****

Octavarius said:
Ok, guys; here it is!

http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Mark_Series/mark5/mark5.html

"Yeah, it's just a Nomad..."

I like it.

If I decide to buy one (Lonestar does it for me right now), I'll definitively not do it here in Norway/Europe. Can't even imagine the retail. Luckily I'm moving to Boston in a year or so. :D

Everything sounds nice. The Electra is talking about hot rodded English tones. With it's layout, supposed to be similar to a hot rodded Plexi/JCM 800?

The Mark V looks great. Switches are sooooo much better than pull knobs. Now I need to hear it, read some reviews and eventually play it to discern it's feel.

Silverwulf said:
Everything sounds nice. The Electra is talking about hot rodded English tones. With it's layout, supposed to be similar to a hot rodded Plexi/JCM 800?
I wasnt expecting that, I thought by Vintage-High and Vintage-Low they were referring to their own gain sounds.
Hmm, not sure if I am so stoked about the Electra-Dyne in that case...doesnt really seem 'necessary' in the line-up.

But time will tell for sure, maybe its awesome :)

It's this that makes me wonder that way:

"Deeply rooted in the Best of the Brit lineage, the Electradyne takes modified English gain sounds and sorts them into LO and HIGH regions. These two choices are combined with a retro-minded, American-voiced clean “channel” and linked to one mini-toggle that gives you three of the most classic sounds in Rock and Roll on one switch! And unlike other amps of this style, footswtchable Modes and the finely tuned control interface allow many players to stomp back and forth across the pond without touching a single control."

Says it takes English modified gain sounds and American voiced cleans and allows players to "stomp back and forth across the pond." So, got me wondering, plus the knob layout.

Silverwulf said:
Says it takes English modified gain sounds and American voiced cleans and allows players to "stomp back and forth across the pond." So, got me wondering, plus the knob layout.

Maybe Andy Timmons got tired of dragging two amps around.:D

On the Mark V, I kinda wish they had put the IIC+ on the middle channel so you could have the middle channel for the IIC+ lead tone and use the third channel in Mark IV or Extreme mode.

newfinator said:
The Mark V looks great. Switches are sooooo much better than pull knobs.
+1 I've already had to replace one on my MIV that snapped off

kiff said:
newfinator said:
The Mark V looks great. Switches are sooooo much better than pull knobs.
+1 I've already had to replace one on my MIV that snapped off

Not to mention it's easier to see on the fly when making adjustments if a switch is up or down versus whether or not a knob is pulled out.

Is it wrong of me to say I want to have Randy Smith's babies? They can do that kind of thing nowadays, right? With technology and all?

I dont know if anyone caught this on the M5 page but..

"You can run EL34’s in just the outside pair or all 4 power tube spots."

so it appears its a normal "simul-class" amp.. its at the very bottom, Bias select part of the features section.
Is the outer pair also the Class A pair? I thought i saw that mentioned, but staring at that white on black background hurts to much to search more.

I barely understand this class dilemma on the Mark V, but stop planting seeds in my head that come out as cons on it! Thing looks SICK. It might as well have been called the Mark King. Anywho - the Electradyne looks like a more boutique-y Express, and does anyone know anything on the Stiletto Jack yet?! Does that come later?

Latest posts

Back