NAMM 2009 Thread

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silverwulf said:
Looks pretty cool. One thing I would have changed, though, and it would have been simple enough...since they're not giving you an external switching jack for reverb, it would have been nice if would have swapped the positions of the "Mute" and "Reverb" switches. That way, you could have stepped on the "Solo" and "Reverb" switches simultaneously for leads if you wanted to.
Also prevents hitting the Mute when you want Solo.
That could be problematical.
One of my girlfriends, who does all my foot switching for me, has awfully big feet. :lol:

Well the MkV is purdy, that's for sure. I was running around all day like mad (well, except for that chunk of time being entranced by watching Victor Wooten go nuts with nothing but himself and a looper pedal) but I did catch a minute or three of somebody playing on it, and it sounded pretty smokin', but hopefully I'll be able to do a more detailed writeup before the show is over. Sadly my phone bit the dust about a week ago so I dunno if I can get pics, but I'm sure there'll be no shortage of pics floating around.

BoogieMKV.jpg

Hmm.... Might be time to sell the Roadster and get into a Mark.... :D

I got a couple of shots of the head today. I'll get them up tomorrow I'm just too **** tired right now. The Electra Dyne was very impressive. I'm not lying when I say that you can buy a great marshall sounding boogie. **** simple and really ballsy sounding.

Scott :p

I went to Namm Thursday and Friday. The Mesa booth was pretty small but always packed. THE MARK V SOUNDS AMAZING. Can you say...EXTREMELY DUAL CASCADING!!!

Adambomb said:
I went to Namm Thursday and Friday. The Mesa booth was pretty small but always packed. THE MARK V SOUNDS AMAZING. Can you say...EXTREMELY DUAL CASCADING!!!
Wait, speak! How was the extreme mode??

I'm not sure what mode it was on, I was not playing, just listening. It sounded sooo good though that I will sell my DR head for one for sure. The footswitch is badass too. I wish I would have played it but the booth was always packed.

Adambomb said:
I'm not sure what mode it was on, I was not playing, just listening. It sounded sooo good though that I will sell my DR head for one for sure. The footswitch is badass too. I wish I would have played it but the booth was always packed.
Did you hear anyone crunching heavy sh/t from it? I want to know about the gain and the extreme mode.

It was some rippin as metal that somebody was playing on it. It wasn't a scooped mid tone but really really heavy. Lamb of God type stuff man.

Adambomb said:
It was some rippin as metal that somebody was playing on it. It wasn't a scooped mid tone but really really heavy. Lamb of God type stuff man.
LOG is good, but people seem to not realize that their most raw and aggressive sounding album "As the Palaces Burn" wasn't a MarkIV but a Dual Rectifier in Vintage mode.

scottywompas said:
I got a couple of shots of the head today. I'll get them up tomorrow I'm just too **** tired right now. The Electra Dyne was very impressive. I'm not lying when I say that you can buy a great marshall sounding boogie. **** simple and really ballsy sounding.

Scott :p

Was it an Orange sounding Boogie?

Cool - I'm still confused as to how the Electra-Dyne sits in Boogie's lineup with the Stiletto... but it does seem like a really cool amp. I'd really like to hear some clips of it....

Well as far as the Electrodyne in the lineup... compared to the Stiletto, there is a major difference in the fact that the stilleto is EL 34 based (i know the ED can use el 34 but its based on 6l6) and the ED has simulclass. Since no one video'd the ED (bummer, even though i too was more interested in the M5, I want to hear this) its all speculation on the actual tone of it. It seems though that the Stiletto is a Modern tone, didnt sound marshally to me, but a more agressive modern tone with british influence. The ED seems to be more of the vintage british sound... possibly having a splawn quickrod like tone, maybe it can get close to the van halen / george lynch (back for the attack) tones?

I'm throwing this out to the mods.
I scanned the 2009 price list that came with my M9. Should I post it (via photobucket) or just email it to you (one of the mods)?

Latest posts

Back