NAD !!Just got the call!! now with pics

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcguitar

Reaction score
My amp is finally in, they quoted me about 8-10 weeks, It took 11 weeks and two days, but 3 weeks ago they updated and said it would be in today and they were on point!

WooHoo, picking it up after work... cranking it up.. and enjoying my night.
I have practice tomr too so i get to test it out with the band right away..

After tonight you will know the pain of being a Mark V owner...any time away from it is pain.

I went two days earlier this week and last night was sweet bliss. I love my Mark V.

Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy...

dmcguitar said:
My amp is finally in, they quoted me about 8-10 weeks, It took 11 weeks and two days, but 3 weeks ago they updated and said it would be in today and they were on point!

WooHoo, picking it up after work... cranking it up.. and enjoying my night.
I have practice tomr too so i get to test it out with the band right away..

Screw work...you're feeling sick RIGHT NOW!!! :D
Plus, you're lucky. I had to wait an excrutiating week and a half to get it with the band!
Have fun!!!

congratulations!!!!!!!!

I think someone is going to be sick tomorrow!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Be prepared for sleepless nights and restless days being away from your new precious.

Ok, so i went to pick up my amp from GC, and the box that the 2x12 was in had a big hole knocked in it, stupid UPS... which led to a large gash in front of the lower speaker and a dent in the side of the cab. So now i need a new one ordered, but at least i can play with this while i wait. only thing is i'll probably break these speakers in by the time i get the new one.

there is a pic here of the joint where the mark 5 head has the angle (where the panel it) and it seems like a shitty job of putting the vinyl on there.. i dont wanna have to get this RMA'd too.. but is there anything i can do, or mesa can do, or should I complain to GC or mesa about this?

pic time!!

Covered stack!

piece by piece:

Uncovered stack

the corners i mentioned, what do you all think?

White is probably one of the tougher colors to make look good. Even a small gap would seem more noticeable than on black tolex, for instance.

That said, the right side of the amp would probably annoy me, and if it annoys you, you should call Mesa and explain your situation. (You should take some more pictures that aren't as washed out as the ones you've posted.)

I just looked at my (custom finished) amp and the gaps are not that large.

I think it looks fine and like the other post said "white is going to show the small gaps more". No one but you will see that and no one at a show will see that. Unless the gap was widening so much that it was coming apart, then I wouldn't worry about getting Mesa involved.

Screw the gaps...

It looks good to me. I'm all "thrash" so it wouldn't bother me
one bit, even if it started to peel off. I like the colors and combo
of head-to-cabs. Well done!

So tell us, what speakers are you running in the cabs?

standard config... express 23 openback with c90 (cause i wanted to be able to emulate the mk v combo) and the 2x12 vert recto V30

I noticed a big difference in tone... going from my RG (basswood) with steves special and AN, to my les paul copy (mahogany maybe?) with emg 81s

this is gonna take some getting used to hahahaha (i have a 5150II as my other amp, different guitar have different tones.. but not super different, and the knobs arent as sensitive)

dmcguitar said:
Ok, so i went to pick up my amp from GC, and the box that the 2x12 was in had a big hole knocked in it, stupid UPS... which led to a large gash in front of the lower speaker and a dent in the side of the cab. So now i need a new one ordered, but at least i can play with this while i wait. only thing is i'll probably break these speakers in by the time i get the new one.

there is a pic here of the joint where the mark 5 head has the angle (where the panel it) and it seems like a sh!t job of putting the vinyl on there.. i dont wanna have to get this RMA'd too.. but is there anything i can do, or mesa can do, or should I complain to GC or mesa about this?

pic time!!

Covered stack!

piece by piece:

Uncovered stack

the corners i mentioned, what do you all think?

you are the customer and you need to be happy with your purchase and if you arent you need to talk to the dealer and get mesa involved .

Aww, you are killing me. My widebody closed back 1x12 and my 3/4 back 2x12 were ready this week and I got them at the factory. but, my quilted maple MV combo still has 4 week to go.... just starting the hardwood finishing process. Congrats on getting yours. I am jealous!

Daaayum that thing looks awesome dude! Very classy look. As an on loocker, that little split isn't to noticeable and definitely not bothersome, but I could definitely understand being upset with that as the owner of the amp

Congratulations ! IT looks really great !

About the corner. I would not worry about it. White is going to show more than any other color that small gap, and even then the only reason why we notice it is because you mention.

Enjoy !

Back