My roadster keeps breaking

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottieL

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone could help me out with this problem. I bought a roadster not a week ago and it has already gone through two rectifier tubes and two fuses. I'm just about ready to send it back, and get a mark IV, what I wanted in the first place (curses to Mesa for discontinuing them). The amp shows no signs of trouble before these things happen, they just come out of nowhere. Tests of the power tubes look good. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

scottieL said:
Was wondering if anyone could help me out with this problem. I bought a roadster not a week ago and it has already gone through two rectifier tubes and two fuses. I'm just about ready to send it back, and get a mark IV, what I wanted in the first place (curses to Mesa for discontinuing them). The amp shows no signs of trouble before these things happen, they just come out of nowhere. Tests of the power tubes look good. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

First thing you should do is call Mesa. You have one of the best warranties in the business with that amp, and you should use it. I would say that theres something wrong with your amp if its happening that frequently, especially for a new amp. Give them a call and they'll guide you in the right direction. At the very least i would take it to a Mesa tech ASAP.

Also i would consider if its the right amp for you (one that works of course). if your grievance is with the malfunctions, that can be remedied and i'd say the roadster has had a great track record as far a reliability (there are always a few lemons here and there). So if you love the amps tone, I would work with mesa to get the situation remedied.

Now if you think the Mark IV was a better fit why not return it and order a Mark V? I think the question here is, whether the roadster is the amp for you. just my .02

scottieL said:

I gotta agree with JD here. If its broken just call MESA, it will get fixed.

If you are questioning the amp, then that is an entirely different story. If you wanted a Mark IV, I am sure you could have found one through a dealer network, or just get the Mark V.

Back