My Recto-Verbs reverb sucks!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennq45

Reaction score
I have been playing through my Recto-Verb II and don't like the way the the reverb is. Its either on or off. Not a very gradual increase or decrease at all. Anybody else have this problem. I want to return this thing.

Another *****... those chrome knobs... useless under stage lights. Has anyone changed them to something different.

Yes mine is the same but then again i didn't buy my mesa for reverb....DUH.and as for the knobs...don't worry 'bout wether or not you can see it just twist it 'till it sounds good and leave it alone.

Would you ACTUALLY get rid of it just over the reverb?

The reverb is fairly subtle.

Try turning up the pre-gain. This seems to increase the signal going to the reverb.

What I'm saying is the reverb is is fully on or fully off. No in between. Like there is a bad pot. or something. Really a touchy knob. I feel it should be more like the reverb in channel 2. I Just re-tubed it and it is so much smoother and less buzzy.

V1 RFT ECC 83
V2 JJ ECC 83
V3 Tung Sol 12AX7
V4 Chinese 12AX7
V5 JJ ECC83 Matched and Balanced

V6
SED =C= 6L6

V7

What kind of reverb are you after? If you want a complex "hall" type reverb I suggest you just get a rack processor instead of using an amp (or any amp) for that.

I barely have the reverb on - just so it's past that "dry" tone - and have no problem with getting a lower setting.

Rectoverbs just don't have a real good or wet/lush reverb. I had one and luckily I use reverb but I don't use a lot of it so it was never really an issue for me. Don't expect it to ever be real "fenderish" no matter what you do.

Sorry for the bad news.... I have a Road King (series 1) and it's not much better on the Reverb, but it is somewhat better.

Latest posts

Back