My New Mark II +Convert

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeries

Reaction score
My girlfriend is sick of me talking about it so i wanted to share with you guys my recent purchase/project...

I picked up on trade (for a Ibz JS1000)
a MINT perfect one owner Mark IIB (100w simulclass head)

It is in perfect shape...the owner had all the orig paperwork, orig cover... even the broken blue cable mesa gave him for the footswitch. The amp was never gigged with, never played with in a band and just used once in a while at home for practice- it is LIKE NEW/FLAWLESS

It was made in 1980 and has EQ and no reverb (which is great...)

Because it has no reverb half of one of the tubes is unused- which made my amp tech Lowell Hunt (huntamps.com) able to completely turn my IIb into a C+

it should be ready shortly- all thats left is to upgrade the bass pot to a pushpull and he wants to rebuild the power supply do to its age...

THE BEST PART
it had in a box- all 4 original 1980 Mesa tubes that tested PERFECT in Lowell's tube tester...

He's already upgraded/did the effects loop mod...he's made the circuits nearly identical
...and i'm really excited about it!

he didn't physically use a C+ circuit board

he cut/reflowed/remounted everything on the current circuit board and changed everything to the schematic of a c+
including pots/values of capacitors/resisters that were different...

and also- made the effects loop the same/suck less compared to what was there-

he was surprised to see how weird the Mark IIb fx loop was made-

so basically- i handed him the IIb and said make it a c+
and he did it

I also had him mod/get more gain/totally overhaul my Marshall 1959 slp reissue

he has both currently... the Mesa is done- but he has 1 pot to change (waiting to come in- the push pull for the BASS that the B doesn't have that the C+ does- and because of its age he wants to rebuild the power supply)

...i look forward to a painful bill

i decided to sell- i listed it on ebay and on the FOR SALE part of this forum

it's a great amp- only selling to cover the costs of a really expensive amp I just got (artist owned)

Latest posts

Back