My new EV arrived...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the EV/C90 concept, and pushed it one level further down in the vertical Recto format. I loaded an EVM12L in the top, and put a thick Swamp Thang in the bottom.

I find the Swamp Thang to be a good mix with the EVM12L. I happened upon this mix due to ecomomics. I had the EV already, and I was on ebay for a stretch where even gasket torn samples were going for over $110.

The Swamp Thang was $75 or so. Eminence specs it out at something like 102db, and the tone is very "American", with late breakup, and a high wattage rating.

Pitching the V30's was the best thing I ever did for my tone.

Yes, it is the world's best guitar speaker.

When compared to the C90, I am amused by their differences.

The black shadow sounded best at TV to low-stereo volumes. At loud volumes it sounded...well...not very nice.

The EV sounds relatively poor at low volumes. But where the c90 would fart and loose definition, the EV just sings. :D

Not to mention I've never felt a 1x12 halfback combo hit me in the chest like this one does now. I just can't wait for my Thiele. I don't think I'll miss a 4x12, much less my old Recto 2x12s.

I have turned my presence down a lot though. This thing is bright.

I think a Vintage 30 would be a poor match for this speaker. They seem to be pretty different sounding speakers.

Back