My new AXE-FX rig is complete (UPDATED)!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update for anyone that cares seeing as I'm a traitor and all now.... ;)

Still have the AXE and loving it! Does it all and has cured my amp and effects GAS completely. Cab and guitar GAS is another story. But, love the versatility and endless tones...

MusicManJP6 said:
Just an update for anyone that cares seeing as I'm a traitor and all now.... ;)

Still have the AXE and loving it! Does it all and has cured my amp and effects GAS completely. Cab and guitar GAS is another story. But, love the versatility and endless tones...

That's awesome. I'm getting a bad case of GAS for one now. One of my friends was put up on the demo page on the fractal audio page. track 9. I talked to him about it and he said that he's blown away with it and he's a tube guy and has plenty of nice tube amps like fuchs and old Mark series amps.

I'm really tempted in selling my E530, Digitech, and G-major and getting the Axe Fx and run it with my VHT power amp.

Turumbar82 said:
I'm really tempted in selling my E530, Digitech, and G-major and getting the Axe Fx and run it with my VHT power amp.

I have ZERO regrets selling my Mark V to afford the AXE. I say GO FOR IT!

Here's an update of the rig:

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

Phantom power mod installed in FCB1010 and Furman power conditioner added. It is cleaner and more simple now...

When I cant lift the Mark V anymore I'll get one! :lol:

I joined the club a few weeks ago myself.

Sold the Mark IV and used the money to help purchase an ultra. I probably would have been fine with the standard as I use the simple setups. I swore I would never sell the Mark IV but I don't regret it at all.

As far as doing what the electra dyne does (as Lasky asked months ago), it doesn't have that model amp model. The JCM 800 gets you close but not the same for sure. I have no intention of selling my ED any time soon and still play it, a lot of times running through the Axe FX.

I also am using the FCB1010 footswitch and I am very pleased.

For me, in the end it was about practicality.

My "recording studio" was a room that was somewhat shared with the rest of the family. It was cluttered to death with home made sound proofing, and even with all that keeping the volume tame while recording is very difficult.

Since I purchased the Axe, I sold the sound proofing. THe room is in much better shape. I can get cranked tube amp tones at any hour of the night with the family sleeping.

And now with the FCB1010 footswitch, the same one musicman is running, this thing has me giddy. Got one pedal setup as a volume, the other a wah. The bottom row of switches I use to select my different presets. The top row I have setup as stomp boxes. And I can go into different presets with the effects already how I want them setup and can turn the individual effects on or off at will once I am in the preset.

You really have to try one of these. The amp models sound freaking killer. They did an excellent job with the Mesa models. The Mark and Rectos sound so close to the originalls. How close is hard to say. But I will say this. I get a better recorded Mark and Recto tone out of the Axe FX going straight into my recorder, then I got with an SM57 on the grill of my cab running my Mark IV or My Road King. And it really wasn't close. Now I'm sure that was me and my crappy mic preamp, and the room setup and all of that. But I was never going to be able to get a much better room setup.
Having the single (albeit expensive as hell) rack case is so much easier. And having the tones (convincing tones at that) of pretty much every classic amp to come out a button click away aint to shabby

And now when I record my ED I do it using the cab sim on the Ax FX because it is just much more convenient and I get a better tone then what I get with an SM57 on the grill.

I have yet to use it with a drummer so I can't really say how that is going to work out. But I primarily play at home.

Latest posts

Back