Monster Pro 2500 Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjrake

Reaction score
okay, so i just picked one up and have a rather "noob" question regarding the outlets in the back.

there are 3 different kinds of outlet: digital filter, analog audio filter, and high current filter. where would i plug in the following rack pieces:

1. shure sxl4 wireless system (digital filter or audio filter?)
2. voodoo lab powerpedal 2+ (i'm thinking audio since it's used to power my pedals but not sure, maybe high filter?)
3. G major (digital filter, i'm sure)
4. rocktron AC plug for my MIDI mate footcontroller (ditigal or audio filter?)

and of couse, my mesa DR amp would go in the high current filter.

thanks everyone!!!

-PJ

My first post! I just bought a G Major and a monstor 3500 pro.

Digital Filter (Switched) Outlets:effects, CD Players, and Computers

Analog Audio Filter (Timed) Outlets:mixers, etc

High Current Filter (Timed) Outlets:power amplifiers, heads, combos

So... I would say for your setup:

#1: Probably digital.
#2: DIgital - I think that is considered more of an effect
#3: Digital for sure
#4: Digital once more

And yeah, High current for yer amp.

Hope this helps!

~Matt

TOOL_5150 said:
My first post! I just bought a G Major and a monstor 3500 pro.

Digital Filter (Switched) Outlets:effects, CD Players, and Computers

Analog Audio Filter (Timed) Outlets:mixers, etc

High Current Filter (Timed) Outlets:power amplifiers, heads, combos

So... I would say for your setup:

#1: Probably digital.
#2: DIgital - I think that is considered more of an effect
#3: Digital for sure
#4: Digital once more

And yeah, High current for yer amp.

Hope this helps!

~Matt

thanks and welcome aboard!

the 2500 only has 8 outlets in the back: 2 digital, 4 analog, and 2 high filter. the only one i plugged in the digital was the gmajor, then rest in ananlog and the mesa in high filter. i would only be able to move one to the digital, so i'll probably move the wireless to the digital and leave the rest where they are.

thanks again matt!

Ive been reading through the manual [like I said, I just bought my 3500 today] ANd I think youll be ok with your setup.

Another suggestion is that you could use a 'power strip liberator' or possibly a 'power squid' Because after all, those things you mentioned are in fact digital, where a mixer or a preamp is analog. You can search either of those terms in google or on fleabay and take advantage of more outlets from your digital filter.

But like the manual said: "Will it harm a component to be plugged in the wrong outlet? No. However, you may not realize the full performance potential of the PowerCenter."

Take it easy man and rock on!

~Matt

Hey, I just got 2500 as well what i do is: amp into high power, g system into digital, wireless into the front convenience outlet, and if i still had my voodoo lab power thingy it would go into probably audio i guess.

Back