MKIV Short Head Cab Inner Dimension Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyStrat

Reaction score
I wanna move my chassis from a combo to a head cab for easier portability. Also, I love to put the Yellow Jackets w/ the EL84's in there from time to time too. Can somebody with a head cab help me out? I need the measurement from the chassis (tube socket base) to the bottom of the head cab. If I have to, I'll just have to order a custom sized chassis from Mesa. Yeah, I know, lots of moolah!

Thanx.............Ed

I just measured my short head for you, from the face of the tube socket to the inside bottom of the cab is 4-3/8", so I used the Yellow Jacket/EL84 combination from my Univalve to see if it would fit as is, and it does. It appears that the height of the Yellow Jacket/EL84 is a little less then the JJ 6L6 tubes I currently have in there, so using Yellow Jackets/EL84's should not be a problem.
PS. after holding the Yellow Jacket/EL84 up side by side with the JJ-6L6 the JJ is indeed approximately 1/4" longer then the YJ/EL84.

6-3/4", but be aware also that the bottom of the cab is cut out to allow the reverb tank to fit in the cab.

Latest posts

Back