MkIV knob dimensions ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduersch

Reaction score
Very random request... would anybody who owns a MkIV combo be willing to remove one of the knobs on the front and send me the dimensions? I'd like to know the width of the knob at the top, width of the knob at the base (skirt), and height of the knob.

(Why? Let's just say my Mark 5 doesn't "feel" right with the new pointer knobs, so I'm hoping to order some MkIV-style numbered knobs.)

Thanks in advance!

--B

bduersch said:
would anybody who owns a MkIV combo be willing to remove one of the knobs on the front and send me the dimensions?

Look mate, I'm just too lazy to unscrew one of my pots and measure it, but this guy here:

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?products_id=1402

is selling some pots which they claim to be compatible with the MkIV, and the spec sizes are (very realistically) 22mm diameter for a 1/4 inch shaft potentiometer :)

straitouttahell said:
bduersch said:
would anybody who owns a MkIV combo be willing to remove one of the knobs on the front and send me the dimensions?

Look mate, I'm just too lazy to unscrew one of my pots and measure it, but this guy here:

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/product_info.php?products_id=1402

is selling some pots which they claim to be compatible with the MkIV, and the spec sizes are (very realistically) 22mm diameter for a 1/4 inch shaft potentiometer :)

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know... the Mark 5 knobs are ~22mm with a 1/4" round (not D-shaped) shaft, so the Mark IV knobs should be a direct replacement. I'll try ordering them direct from Mesa, but if not at least I know I've got alternatives.

--B

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks a Mark ain't a Mark unless it's got numbers on the control panel! How are we all supposed to share tones if we have to have a degree in mathematics to describe the angle of the line against the bottom of the chassis.

Madness. Glad to know the IV knobs are compatible.

jackese0012 said:
smlvid.haitirubble.gi.jpg
Rescue workers struggled to clear rubble and bodies Wednesday from the streets of Haiti's "flattened" capital, where government officials said the death toll from Tuesday's 7.0-magnitude earthquake mayaion power leveling exceed 100,000.
Thousands of injured people waited for care outside badly damaged hospitals, while an unknown number remained trapped inside collapsed buildings. Basic services like water and electricity were out, and Haitian President Rene Preval said his government needs help clearing streets so rescuers can reach some of the hardest-hit areas.
"We need medicine. We need medical help in general," Preval told CNN. "Some of the hospitals, they collapsed."aion power level
People were digging though the rubble of leveled buildings with their hands Wednesday, looking for survivors or bodies, CNN's Anderson Cooper reported from Port-au-Prince. Other CNN correspondents in Port-au-Prince and its suburbs reported whole blocks of collapsed buildings, with dozens of bodies piled in the streets.

i don't care what the cause is bud..quit fuckin spamming.

Back