Fillmore Front Panel Knobs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisl59

Reaction score
I've got a new Fillmore 100 watt combo...The black 'chicken head' knobs against the black front panel were driving me crazy...I never liked them in the first place and found them impossible, for me, to see clearly where they were set, ok?

Solution:

StewMac part number: 50804 Vintage-style "Radio" Cupcake Amp Knob=WHITE...Fourteen(14) for $23.10, not including shipping/tax. Allen wrench 2mm to remove the originals and very small straight blade screwdriver to install the new ones, 10 minutes...done. Looks great, feels great.

Very nice, can you take a picture. I was thinking to go with them in my Fillmore

DvxD1Ix.jpg

Here you go...Much, much better looking, imho.

The front panel, to me, now looks like it makes design sense. The black chickenhead knobs(that I've saved of course) weren't the best looking choice for such a tremendous amp. But Mesa did what they did...I'll wager the more people see 'the new look' they might follow what I've done. Actually, I think this is the very first posting and picture of these style knobs on the board, I may be wrong; but my search results were negative. The closest Fender is the now discontinued Black Super Sonic Twin Amp. (Do a search for it, then check out the images...)

I too am not fond of chicken heads.
The blonde era knobs are an aesthetic improvement in my opinion.
Good job.

THANKS A MILLION,DENNIS. JUST GOT THESE FOR MY HEAD,AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE! ONLY THING IS, YOU DEFINITELY HAVE TO SEARCH THESE OUT,AND ORDER BY PART # ON STEWMAC,BECAUSE NOW,THEY JUST SHOW THE FENDER PACKS OF 6,WHICH ARE SELLING FOR $20. FOR THE PACK! THEY MIGHT BE DISCONTINUING THE SINGLES SOON. SO GRAB THEM WHILE YOU CAN,EVERYBODY!

Glad I could help...It's been a long time since I originally posted and thought a lot of people were really missing the opportunity to 'upgrade' from those plain chicken head knobs to those that really improved the looks and function of the front panel of the Fillmore series. Ciao'

I just put cupcake knobs on my Fillmore 25. I think they look better and are easier to read, but that's not why I changed them. I changed them because simply putting the cover on the amp moved the chicken head knobs! I played at a jam on Wednesday night and, when I went to play the amp the next day, the green channel master was bumped to 0 and the red channel gain was turned all the way up.

Also, I swapped the C90 with a G12M-65 Creamback. That's another story!

51650772661_c314f36291_b.jpg

I have no issues with the look of the chicken knobs on my Fillmore 50 however I do like the look of those knobs better. I do get annoyed a little at the chicken knobs getting moved around so easy with the cover.
I think I may order these.

I know that on the Triple Crown the black phenolic knobs (with the rectangular ‘grab bar’) tend to move when putting on the cover and/or transporting. They never seem to stay put for me!

Back