Mk III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjohung

Reaction score
After 3-4 days of tweaking Mk1 - I have returned Mk1 to the seller and got me a Mk 3.

I got the unit as a rack unit with the rack harness. The seller also had a MK series combo case that he never finished as a project to merge rack Mk3 head to a Combo Case.

So I dismantled the rack and inserted the

Ist impression... having tried MK 1 few days earlier and as a ex - owner of Mk2...ages ago.. The Channel 1 clean was not clean as Mk1... and the Crunch position.. I will need to find a sweet compromise. Lead channel is the bomb. Perfect match for my PRS Custom 22.

Is there a sweet spot on MK 3 to use all 3 "modes" in a live situation.. with foot position etc

Thank,s

I set mine on something like volume 7, presence 4, bass 2 pulled
and the higher tabs on the GEQ lowered, pull bright on lead channel and a clean boost on R2 and Lead channels.
This will give you a relatively pristine clean, that's got enough bass and not overly bright, and a R2 and lead that has enough drive and is not too flubby from too much bass.

The stripes just represent the timeline of manufacture and a few various modifications to design.

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html

I have my treble at 8--it sounds drastically different to me on the lead channel than the typical 7 setting.

Sometimes I run the volume (first knob at 8 also --then use my guitar volume to clean up the clean channel).

In my opinion the amp sounds better when getting your gain from the cascading tone stack versus getting it from the lead gain knob (set the amp up for crunch/lead--no clean).

But you almost have to have the R2 mod done to use all 3 channels. And even then I find channel 2 is still quieter than the others.

Try this: Volume 8
Treble 8 pulled
Bass 3 pulled
Mid 3
Master 2 pulled
Lead Gain 6
Lead Master 6 pulled

Presence (back) 4

I control channel switching with a G Major via Midi and increase my output on my R2 chan about 3dB.

Tubes make a huge difference on these amps so it is important to experiment.

I had a serious buzz/hum problem.. I suspect it is the FX loop. I use G-Major ... did anyone have FX issue.

Back