Mini rectifier in a rack

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Lonerock

Reaction score
Here's a pic from my last show in a bar for French festival "Le Printemps de Bourges".
It's compact, I like it.
It sounds huge with the CAE line mixer, cleans are sparkling, Ch2 is set to modern ( gain at 11 !).
I get a crunch channel with the ad of an OCD pedal on the clean, works pretty well.
I use a CS3 Boss comp too for funky/country spanky cleans.

here's my board :
I don't use the mxr fullbore metal anymore since I have the Mini Recto

I was expecting this question :wink:
In fact on this picture, I moved the mini rec outside the rack in his gig bag and then placed it on the rack. (it's quick to set up because all the cables are here waiting to be pluged in the head?)
But, I have a 1u rack shelf, and drilled 4 holes at plastic feet screws spot. Then just have to find some longer screws in order to set the head attached to the shelf with the feets (because you need to keep the feet height free for air cooling, there are some cooling holes below the amp that shouldn't be shut.)
I'll post it when It will be finished. But for now I wonder if the rack won't be too heavy for my back :oops:

ironjose said:
nice rig...
i bet it sounds as huge as your describing it... lml

i got a question thou... are you using the line6 x3 live?

Thank you, yes it's sounds really cool, I just need something to boost for lead solos (I usually don't play much leads, only for one song... (I'm the lead singer and do rhythm guitar parts).
I would have been cool to have the SOLO feature as the Dual rectifier has. I think I'll try the Soundsculpture VOLCANO to feed my volume pedal and its boost feature may help and do the trick.

To answer your question, I guess you're talkin about the POD HD 500 that appears above my pedal board...
I use it mainly for rehearsals or very very small bars. It's a cool unit for sure but will NEVER replace the dynamic of a real amp. And the use of a Line Mixer with Mini Recto and rack effects such as TC Gmaj2 or replifex keep my amp signal clear, I tried without mixer and it sounds pretty thin... I'll never go back on this.

elvis said:
The line mixer probably improves the tone just by buffering the signal. TC gear in particular is very low input impedance.

Could you give a cliffs notes version of what this means exactly? Very interested but very confused.

Latest posts

Back