Gigged with my Rectoverb 25 last night

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
elvis said:
Nice!

Be careful with the Greenbacks. They are 25W, so a 2x12 won't handle the Mark V at full power.

What is the TC Electronic box in the lower right of your rack?

I just realised they weren't greenbacks they were cream backs after all. My mistake sorry.

elvis said:
Polaris, I actually hadn't heard about it until you mentioned it. I already have a Rock Crusher, so I doubt I would go the attenuator/load box route again.

I read the press release, and it was about getting lower stage volume. In my own experience with a power attenuator, the speaker has a minimum volume level, below which it loses transient response. So it is a balancing act to set up the speaker volume so that it is enough, without overwhelming the stage volume. To me that is the real trick.

Once you find that level, THEN the amp becomes the next thing to address. If you MUST use that 100W monster, then you will need to use an attenuator to allow it to cook the output stage. With a 25W amp, I haven't had the need. The output stage is in pretty good shape at the volume I need. Were I using my Electradyne, even in 45W mode, I would use the Rock Crusher for sure. That amp really depends on pushing the output stage much more than the Rectifier does.

I do really like the JDX. I have used both it and my Rock Crusher for recording and the JDX gave me much better results.

Interesting! Yeah, I'd be using it mostly as a single box solution for recording, more so than as an attenuator. It seems like a more modern version of the Palmer PDI-03, while also being a variable attenuator instead of just a load. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey guys!
Not trying to hijack the thread, but thought this would be a good place to ask instead of starting another one......

I'm really thinking about selling my Rivera S120 and getting a mini Rectoverb to use with my DC-3 in a stereo setup.
Is there a noticeable delay when changing channels? I looked at the drawings and the mute circuit is there, but looks upgraded.
A tiny delay (DC already has a small one) is ok, but I just sent my Express 5:50+ back mostly due to the delay. The Express just didn't do anything tonally for me either.

Anyway....that's it. Just wondering what the channel changing is like.
I only use Reverb on the cleans, so a delay there might not matter since the verb is after the loop now instead of before like on the older amps.

Hey guys,

I thought I'd share my experience with my little rectoverb combo i gigged with last night. I finally decided to take the head version back and get the combo. Best decision ever. I was a bit unsure using it for a gig as I thought it wasn't gonna be loud enough. My bass player said when we were setting up "Is that gonna be loud enough?" I said yeah of course it is lol.

Well my verdict is its bloody loud. I had chan 2 set not even a quarter of the way and on the 10 watts mode and it was really loud. I'm using it with my G System at the moment but do plan on upgrading to some of the Strymon pedals. I did had all my stuff in a rack with my Boogie road king head and we did a gig wedding gig in a restaurant a few weeks back and there was no where to park as usual so we had to cart the gear about 300 yards up the road. Let's just say after that experience with my road king I said that's it I'm getting a more compact rig. The only thing that is heavy at the moment is my pedalboard but that will eventually change and hopefully get lighter when I make the switch to the strymon pedals and a gig rig g2 looper.

So far I'm impressed with the rectoverb its lightweight, compact and loud enough to gig with. i have another gig tonight at a festival and we are miced up for that so I'll be even louder lol

I am about to have my first gig in a few weeks with my Rectoverb 25 combo.
Still really not liking the sound of the speaker, but when I plug this into my cab with 2 V30's it sounds so great.
I was really hoping to just gig with the combo, but so far I am brining the extra cab.

mark-m said:
Still really not liking the sound of the speaker, but when I plug this into my cab with 2 V30's it sounds so great.
I was really hoping to just gig with the combo, but so far I am brining the extra cab.
Why not swap one of your V30's in there?

djw said:
mark-m said:

Thanks.
I read where Elvis already tried this and it didn't change the tone much.
Seems the combo tone is heavily driven by the cabinet.
I'm hoping some good break in time will work for me, but may try this someday.

mark-m said:
djw said:
mark-m said:

Thanks.
I'm hoping some good break in time will work for me, but may try this someday.

Yeah... there's that aspect of physics that comes with the small combo thing: pretty much any grab-n-go will sound boxier compared to a larger combo or a head with a big speaker enclosure. Actually, this is probably the one thing that has kept me from swapping my Mini Recto head for the RV25 combo.

Still, the 1-piece combo has a lot of appeal... and if you're miked onstage, the house doesn't really notice.

Thanks.
I'm hoping some good break in time will work for me, but may try this someday.[/quote]

Yeah... there's that aspect of physics that comes with the small combo thing: pretty much any grab-n-go will sound boxier compared to a larger combo or a head with a big speaker enclosure. Actually, this is probably the one thing that has kept me from swapping my Mini Recto head for the RV25 combo.

Still, the 1-piece combo has a lot of appeal... and if you're miked onstage, the house doesn't really notice.[/quote]

And that was my goal; to be able to just drag the combo to the gigs.
I mean the tone isn't that bad, but I just know I' going to bring the big 2x12 cab because it sounds so much better to my ears.
So instead of downsizing. I upsized!
So I'm one of those guys wishing I went with the head version .......
At least that little combo looks cool as hell sitting on a 2x12 can! Like a mini stack!

Latest posts

Back