Metallica MOP Tone On Mark IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnacleman11

Reaction score
Hello there, I'm new here, and I just purchased my very first IIC+ (this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/2C-LOADED-Mesa-Boogie-MARK-IIc-PLUS-mk-Simul-EQ-Rev_W0QQitemZ160047661777QQihZ006QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem to be exact). So what I'm wanting to know is what would be a good setting for MOP. I just got it today, so I've just started tweaking, but what has worked for you guys? BTW, I'm using a EBMM JP with Bare Knuckle Warpigs (roughly the same output as an EMG 81). Thanks! :p

:lol:

I was looking at that amp on ebay last week! and asked the guy about it.

you have a IIC modded to C+ specs with a Mike Bendinelli "high gain mod". well, that's what he told me :?

if you want to get a similar tone to master of puppets you need to scoop that damned mids because the C+ is a very Mid voiced amp. I recommend a nice "V" shape on the EQ to start with.

then use this as a sample setting and put your own flavor into it...

(all knobs pulled except Bass and the Master pull deep is optional)

Volume 1 to 7-8
Treble set high! 7-9
bass 1-2
mids -1-2
master 1-2 (LOUD ************)
lead drive also set high 7-9
lead master 4-6
reverb 0-1
presence 3-4 for smoothness

that is just an example and it depends alot in what you use! but it is a good starter to getting familiar with heavy sounds.

and just fiddle around with the graphic EQ and start with a V setting for the scoopness.

good luck and congrats on a great amp!

Thank you very much! Sounds very good, I still need to fiddle around a bit and get to know the knobs but this is a fine place to start! I can't wait to crank this sucker!

Boogiebabies said:
If you have to run the Volume 1 above 5, I dont think it has the high gain mod. All the current mods are to reduce the gain and brightness.

Hmmm..... around 5 it doesn't seem very high gain and I'm using very high output pickups here......... crap!

barnacleman11 said:
Boogiebabies said:
If you have to run the Volume 1 above 5, I dont think it has the high gain mod. All the current mods are to reduce the gain and brightness.

Hmmm..... around 5 it doesn't seem very high gain and I'm using very high output pickups here......... crap!

then the guy told me bullshit :? (as I suspected)

but either way you have a C+ 8)

Yeah, can't complain, think it'll sound even better after a good re-tubing. I've got plenty of gain anyway. :)

Hey Barnacleman,

what if i told you Christmas came early this year?

http://www.sweetsilence.com/GearSlutzNotes.htm

If you unwrap it, you'll find the exact studio notes used by Mr. Rasmussen when he recorded Metallica in the 80's. Enjoy.

Ya gotta pull the right things too - check out my setting for some pull ideas:

http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/?bg=2&d1=80&d2=65&p2=1&d3=20&d4=20&d5=20&p5=1&d6=80&p6=1&d7=30&p7=1&p=25&g1=100&g2=55&g3=25&g4=65&g5=70&t=TD+IIC%2B+new+fave+9%2F18

Back