Metallica Gag Order? Their new albums gag me for sure

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who thinks the new Metallica album will suck as much as the black album and everything after it?

• Yes it will suck

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No it will rule

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never liked Metallica

• You mean they had records before the Black Album?

• Total voters
jdurso said:
if you did some better research you would have found it was their management that pulled that move while they were on the road. as soon as they got back they gave their mngt a piece of their minds and got the reveiews back up on the web.

Yeah I guess I could have waited a week or 3 to post it, and get all the facts with my 20/20 hind-sight.

as far as the "sucking" goes, this is the internet, and you should know that opinion polls are opinion, and also that peoples opinions are worth more than gold on the internet, just ask the people espousing them!

btw, hetfield is a cock. Last time I saw them he was being super rude to fans, Newsted preached to him about how "remember that story you told me about how you waited outside in teh cold to see yoru favorite band and they snubbed you, how much that pissed you off?"

Hetfield then did an instant-scribble autograph on several peoples tickets, photos etc, thru down the pen and stormed out like a giant spoiled fucking baby, shouting "THERE, YOU HAPPY NOW?".

What a fag.

Bear in mind, Metallica was one of the main forces that drove me to play guitar. Guess im just a 'scorned lover' LOL.

Believe me, if their new album rocks, I will be the first person to post how happy I am.

Will never happen tho.

I started listening to them just before AJFA came out, and I think their best albums are MoP, AJFA and Metallica (It's not called "the black album"). Not that I like ALL of the songs on each, but when considering each ALBUM as an individual artistic piece, these are their three best albums. I think ditching Bob Rock was a GREAT idea. Not that he isn't good at what he does, but sometimes, you just need to go in another direction. (I've had girlfriends like that. They were REALLY good at doing some things :wink: , but it just wasn't enough to keep the relationship going.) I think Het and the boys need to go back to traveling in ONE tour bus, a few huge mountains of coke, a truckload of booze, a few hundred bushels of fine sativa, and someone to read to them all the hate mail from the internet, that way they get their "edge" back. :lol:

i dont want to jump to ignorant conclusions but the more i listen to the fly on the wall stuff from mission metallica the more i think this album is gonna kick some major ***... my friend at guitar world (who was suppose to interview them but had that project given to their sister mag Revolver :evil: ) heard 3 songs and said the world is in for a treat. now this is coming from a huge metallica/megadeth/pantera/testament fan. so its a little early (first single in about 2 weeks) but i have a good feeling

I hope it's badass, but I'm not holding my breath. I can't wait for the new rash of "You sold out to your "old" fans." crap! BTW, do you know who's playing bass for them now? I saw some YT vids and Trujillo(sp? the guy from S.T.) was playing with them.

carlsoti said:
I hope it's badass, but I'm not holding my breath. I can't wait for the new rash of "You sold out to your "old" fans." crap! BTW, do you know who's playing bass for them now? I saw some YT vids and Trujillo(sp? the guy from S.T.) was playing with them.

Not to be a jerk, but he's been with 'em for about 5 years...

BTW, they just played a new track at Ozzfest. Sounded cool to me, but the audio was rather shitty tho...

EDIT: thanks for the touch up mods! Sorry :oops:

Linky to above mentioned song at ozzfest:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/08/11/metallica-announce-us-tour-dates-completion-of-death-magnetic/

Elpelotero said:
Not to be a jerk, but he's been with 'em for about 5 years...

NBD. I haven't actively listened to them since the big garage inc thing came out. All I knew was Jason left to play jazz with some highschool kids here in AZ, and their producer was playing bass in the studio on their last album. That's why I asked.

there are at least 3 songs on the new album that are basically enter sandman with notes inverted, and a faster tempo.

You can actually replace the words with enter sandmans lyrics and the format and progressions are identical.

I suppose this could be considered a "win" for some fans, I guess getting back to roots means crappy garage drum sound and black album licks

Sustain said:
there are at least 3 songs on the new album that are basically enter sandman with notes inverted, and a faster tempo.

You can actually replace the words with enter sandmans lyrics and the format and progressions are identical.

I suppose this could be considered a "win" for some fans, I guess getting back to roots means crappy garage drum sound and black album licks

dude thats a pretty big stretch (i'm guessing your thinking That Was Your Life, Cyanide and All Nightmare Long). If your break down the riffs i guess you can draw some similarities but when you back up and listen to the song as a whole I dont think there is any one song that sounds like it could be lifted from TBA (maybe U3 but hell that would make sense). If anything i hear more AJFA or Load type stuff.

Honestly i'm suprised no one has mentioned there are some A7X and Lamb of God rip offs in there.

Latest posts

Back