Metal Grill 2x12 at GC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilkNCereal

Reaction score
I was just at GC in Totem Lake and I found a 2x12 Metal Grill mesa cab. It look like it was in great condition but I didn't get to try it out. It was at $400 I think, and I bet you could easily get that price down. Just letting anyone know if they wanted a cab. I would have gotten it if I had the cash but I was looking at their wall of champs. :p

-Ryan

You should check to see if it has the EV speaker on the bottom (the cone will be smooth if it is an EV). If it has the EV it would probably sound killer and put out tons of bottom ( I have a C90 and EV in mine).

Musicgoround.com has a mark 4X12 in a road case for $400 but it has either c90's or eminence on the bottom. If that 4x12 had EV's on the bottom I would have considered buying it.

Greg

I almost bought a 2X12 there last month that was used. For whatever reason they can't come down in price on used stuff unless it's been sitting there awhile. I'd talked to Jesse Druggee or Brian at Totme Lake. they are the only reason why I even step foot in GC.

Funny story: One of the guys, I think his name was Joe was "helping me". I told him about the fender Champs and how long I've seen them, about a year. His response was that "It only raises the value of this piece. It sits here for months, no one buys it, the value just increases. Then when you want to buy it, its expensive." The fender champs (silverface) were $500. The blackface champ was $600 and the vibrochamp is $700. No wonder why they can't sell them. :lol: One of these days I'm going to come in with $300 cash and tell them I'll take a champ. :twisted:

I just put my blackface '65 champ on consignment locally. It now has a tag of $650 on it. We'll see. Z

Latest posts

Back