Mesa's EVM12L: Attached with four, or eight fasteners each?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sludgenutz

Reaction score
The subject title pretty much sums it up. I just got a used vertical 2x12 Recto cab w/V30's...and they are held with four fasteners each.

I was just wondering how many fasteners Mesa uses to mount the heavy EVM12L to the baffleboard, as the V30's are on their way out. My Fender w/EVM12L uses eight.

Thanks All!

The EVM12L has 8 mounting holes as does the Blackshadow in my DC. Mesa used 8 fasteners to mount my much lighter Blackshadow, so I can't imagine they'd do anything less for the much heavier EVM. Obviously the ones from Celestion that have only 4 are mounted with only 4 fasteners, so you might have to drill 4 extra holes. Which is what I suggest doing when your new speakers arrive.

edit: didn't see the previous post above. Looks like you should be good to go with 8!

Yeah the EV speaker is heavy...

I tried mounting with just 4 and it didn't seem to want to suck into the baffle enough nor stay put.

Use all 8 fasteners...

You guys are the best! I was so satisfied with the single EVM12L in the upper perch of the vertical 2x12 cab, that I ordered an Eminence "Swamp Thang" for the bottom...rather than buying another EVM12L!

Eight fasteners each will be the result. 8)

What works better is to use a nylon nut and bolt direct through the baffle. This way they can tear out. I haev done this on my amps and I am very pleased. With bols, one only needs four. The nylon nut is key - keeps it from loosening.

BWK

Yes, nylock nuts are a godsend but I prefer to use t-nuts if only because I like to reconfigure sometimes and nylocks can be a pain due to the constant resistance while installing them. Reuse of a nylock nuts serves no purpose because the nylon insert will never fully attain the initial grab of the first installation upon reuse. I typically use a spring lock washer of the star shape variety because they are cheaper than nylocks. Once I concrete a decision about a speaker it can stay with the lock washer too but I usually go back and seal the speaker to the cab with at least a foam strip if not the proper gasket.

Back