Mesa Potentially not selling through Guitar Center any more.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shimmilou said:
I am still a satisfied customer. 8)
Same here.
I always have liked GC.
I just got a Marshall AS80R on Wednesday and a Racktifier last Monday, from them.
They have sold me 3 of my 4x12 cabinets, as well.
A bottom cabinet with 4 EVM12Ls (138lbs) shipped for free, the other ones were just $23.
My Dean Z79 shipped from California for $12.50.
Sometimes they have great stuff in their used selection.

I'm always amused at the GC bashing. From day one I've dealt with a manager and he knows his stuff. He's been in the business for years and has played in a band for years. I always talk to him or one other guy who is the premium guitar manager. I'd say he knows his stuff as well. He's always been helpful when I was looking at PRS and Paul even knew him by name when I mentioned to him where I had bought my last PRS.

That said, I bought my first MB from GC, the Mini Rec. I then bought a used TA15 from a local guy, and loved it so much I wanted to try a TA30 and I again found it on the leftover "clearance" GC site. Now that I"m a boogie man, I'm sorry that they won't be carrying them any more, but I have a friend who is a dealer (but 3 hours away) so I'm covered for my Mark I'll be buying before long.

Elvis, I have 4 PRS guitars, so I guess I'm one of those guys with more money than skill. :lol: :lol: Actually, I have just played a ton of guitars and never found anything that has the feel, playability, and consistent quality of the PRS. But, even if you're right and I just have more cash than skills, I'm ok with that. :D

Dreamtheaterrules said:
I'm always amused at the GC bashing. :D

It is really hit or miss with Guitar Center. I've had some great experiences and some really terrible ones. Really depends on the management/personell at the particular store.

I agree with that. I've bought tons of nice gear over the last 10 years from GC. It wasn't hard to walk in there and figure out pretty quickly that the kids didn't know what I did, so I settled on the guy who knew what he was talking about and have gone to him (when I buy there) ever since. I have also been in the local mom and pops and there are "pros" and there are younger kids who aren't as knowledgeable. Thing is, GC has to hire in numbers because that place can be a freakin zoo. And many people would rather be waited on by SOMEONE, than to stand around for 30 minutes waiting their turn. I've been in there MANY times when it was just crawling with people and I had to wait to talk to my guy there.

I don't mean this to sound smug at all. Not the intent. But, I'm not going to ask an 18 year old about a $4k PRS or a $2K Boogie. I'm going to talk to someone who knows about this stuff. But trust me, there are times my local GC couldn't get enough knowledgeable experienced guys in there to wait on all the customers. There are just too many people there sometimes for that to be possible.

Back