• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa Mark IV A

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Swank

Reaction score
I've decided to let my Mark IV go so I can get some money to finish up my recording setup. This is the first version of the Mark IV built in 1991. It was retolexed last June with a burgandy textured shell and a black textured front panel. The pics make it look a little brighter than it is in real life. There is not a single tear or scuff on it. It has been completely retubed in the last year with Mesa brand tubes in the preamp and poweramp sections. It has 2 EL34's and 2 6l6's in it now, and I will toss in a pair of 6l6's if you want to run it with a 6l6 quartet. Everything works as it should. There is no reverb pan in it, but the reverb knob was tested recently and works fine. $1400 shipped, but you cover paypal fees, or pay by USPS money order.

100_1356.jpg

100_1357.jpg

The Swank said:
It has 2 EL34's and 2 6l6's in it now, and I will toss in a pair of EL34's if you want to run it with an EL34 quartet.

Just a heads up. You can't run a a quad of EL-34's in a Mark IV. You can safely run a quad of 6L6's or a pair of EL34's in the outside sockets with a pair 6L6's on the inside sockets. You may want to correct this add so your buyer does not damage the amp after they get it.

GD_NC said:
The Swank said:
It has 2 EL34's and 2 6l6's in it now, and I will toss in a pair of EL34's if you want to run it with an EL34 quartet.

Just a heads up. You can't run a a quad of EL-34's in a Mark IV. You can safely run a quad of 6L6's or a pair of EL34's in the outside sockets with a pair 6L6's on the inside sockets. You may want to correct this add so your buyer does not damage the amp after they get it.
Did YOU (The Swank) run the amp with the EL34 quad??

dodger916 said:
GD_NC said:
The Swank said:

Did YOU (The Swank) run the amp with the EL34 quad??

Sorry, it's a typo. I have an extra set of 6l6's so it can run a quartet of em if ya want.

I'm interested in it. I'd like to know the serial # and a few other questions. I'll need to have you put it up on ebay though.

Latest posts

Back