• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa Mark III purple stripe

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwarne

Reaction score
Loaded with graphic EQ, simulclass and 75/15 watts. Is in great condition besides being a little dusty because I rarely have time to use it anymore. Comes with 1 footswitch.

boogie2.jpg

Looking to get 1050 plus shipping or would take trades for other heads. Would prefer MO, but Ill take paypal if you pay the fees. I have references at Harmony-Central and Rig-Talk.

Hey man-- not to poop on your sale, I am a big Mark III lover-- but there's no such thing as a 100W simul class.

A simul-class purple is 75W in simul-class mode but is plenty loud, and if you need more clean headroom or booming bass sounds good with 4x6L6.

For prospective buyers, the purple has a warmer, rounder R1 and R2 (but less gain on R2) that are a little more single-coil friendly than the later stripes, esp. the green. That's the only real difference.

Are you serious that it is only 75 watts? It can run either 4 6l6's or 2el34's and 26l6s. I didnt even know that it was only 75 watts. Not to say your wrong, but do you have proof that says it is only 75 watts?

gwarne said:
Are you serious that it is only 75 watts? It can run either 4 6l6's or 2el34's and 26l6s. I didnt even know that it was only 75 watts. Not to say your wrong, but do you have proof that says it is only 75 watts?

No worries man, check out the manual here under the power tube section on page 7. Mark III's come in three flavours, 60 watt with 2x6L6, the 60/100 which can only take 4x6L6 (maybe that's what you're confusing it with), or the Simul-Class like yours (or my two babies) which is 15 in class A/75 all out (25ish/85 in green stripe). The max wattage isn't any higher with 4x6L6 in the simul-class because of the way the outer sockets have to be wired to take EL34s *or* 6L6s, but you get more headroom and bass.

Cool stuff, ya learn new stuff everyday. Thanks for the heads up. :D

This is my old amp Gwarne bought it from me. I have owned Mark III's of every variety and this one had more MOJO than any.

Great amp!
Tony

Yup, bought it from tony. Longest ive had any amp, but Im goin to college next year, and could use the cash. Plus I probably wont be able to use it in an apartment.

Back