MESA MARK 4 FULL/TWEED POWER PROBLEMS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STUART

Reaction score
HI TO EVERYONE
MY PROBLEM IS MY SHORT HEAD MK4 B,IT APPEARS THAT WHEN RUNNING IN TWEED MODE IT IS USING MORE POWER IE 2.2 AMPS BUT WHEN FULL POWER ONLY 1.4 AMPS
A NOTICEABLE DROP IN FAN SPEED ALSO OCCURS WHEN ON FULL POWER
IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THE POWER TOGGLE SWITCH ON THE FRONT PANEL HAS BEEN WIRED IN REVERSE?
I HAD THIS HEAD IMPORTED FROM THE USA IT IS ONLY TWO YEARS OLD APPROX
BECAUSE WE HAVE A 240 VOLT SUPPLY THE AMP HAS TO RUN FROM A STEP DOWN TRANSFORMER THIS HAS NEVER BEEN A PROBLEM THO
ONE THING TOO THERE IS NOT ANY VOLUME INCREASE BETWEEN TWEED OR FULL POWER
THE POWER SWITCH WHEN IN FULL POWER HAD A READING OF 134 VOLTS AND TWEED POWER SHOWED 93 VOLTS
ANYONE WITH THOUGHTS OR IDEAS WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED
CHEERS !!!!
STUART

Hi Stuart,

Sorry you are having problems. My advice is to take it to an amp tech. There might be a few people on this board that can troubleshoot the problem for you - I can't. You might also want to call Mesa - they have excellent customer service and might be able to advise you on the problem.

Good Luck,
John

PS. Typing in all caps is not the best.

Hi Musicman
Yep will try the guys at Mesa as my local amp tech is off on holiday at the moment .

I really like this box of wonders ,the sounds are quite amazing !! We recently revalved this one with a Jan Philips 7581A quad and Mullard Ecc83 s for the pre amp

Thanks for your reply its appreciated
All the best Stuart

Yep found that caps lock button at last !!!

Back