Mesa Dual Rectifier Refurbishing Help.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

License2chill

Reaction score
First and foremost salutations to everyone here. I was hoping I could seek the expertise of this board for some help. So here we go. First real amp head I ever purchased was a Mesa Dual Rectifier and I love it and I still have it (technically). So one summer when my band at the time was playing a series of shows I left my head in the car for a week (yes, very stupid move). To make matters worse I also stripped the Tolex and tried my hand at sanding and staining. I was wanting the expertise of those here on what should I do? I appreciate all feedback!

Welcome License2chill.
Usually, stained and finished cases are made from appearance grade solid wood rather than plywood, for obvious reasons.
You could order some new Tolex and recover it yourself. There are countless YouTube tutorials on this subject.
Or you could have a professional do it, either locally or by shipping the case to them. Several custom speaker builders offer this service.
Or you could contact Mesa and order a new case.
None of these ideas are free, so you'll need a credit card handy :p

Maybe you could just paint it black :idea:

tele twister said:
Maybe you could just paint it black :idea:

I have previously considered truck bed coating or something similar for a speaker cab. On a Recto, I'm not sure how it would affect resale, but it would look cool with the diamond plate and would survive most impacts, explosions, and bass players.

Another option in regard to how it would look with the diamond plate is automotive, chrome paint. It adheres to wood or primer just fine.

For about the price of tolex and glue, there is probably a head shell out there, too.

Latest posts

Back