mesa boogie set prices?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robrocks

Reaction score
Hello,

Newbie here, am I to assume that you can only purchase Boogies at list price? I tried searching but it didn't turn up much. Is Mesa that strict about the dealers all selling at the same price? Just curious as I'm buying a new Boogie this month and am looking at getting the best price possible. Thanks in advance.

Rob

robrocks said:
Hello,

Newbie here, am I to assume that you can only purchase Boogies at list price? I tried searching but it didn't turn up much. Is Mesa that strict about the dealers all selling at the same price? Just curious as I'm buying a new Boogie this month and am looking at getting the best price possible. Thanks in advance.

Rob

Yep, fixed pricing through dealers only.

If you're trying to save some coin, buy used through a private seller.

Yeah, the pricing is all set. I know most of the dealers won't budge at all on the prices, just because, if Mesa finds out, they'll pull the dealership rights. I had a tough time convincing my local guy to even take an old Peavey head towards a trade on my Recto.

Mesa's are worth every penny you'll spend on it though.

robrocks said:
Hello,

Rob
[sarcasm]
You can always buy them in Europe or Australia.
You'll be paying at least double the US price, but you can haggle!
[/sarcasm]

robrocks said:
Hello,

Rob

Where are you located ?

Sorry, I was offline this weekend, thanks for the responses guys, I live in Seattle, WA so I guess I could save tax and buy it in Oregon. Thanks for the info, now if I can only decide on an Amp...

Rob

Thanks folks, I'll try the used market but was also interested in getting this in a custom color, for only $159 I can get exactly what I want, worth it to me. Thanks again for the assistance.

Rob

robrocks said:
Thanks folks, I'll try the used market but was also interested in getting this in a custom color, for only $159 I can get exactly what I want, worth it to me. Thanks again for the assistance.

Rob

Just be prepared to wait about 3 months for a custom order.

I'll let you know if it's worth the wait when my 4/10 arrives. This is driving me crazy.

One more thing-the set price is what helps keep the "used" prices high. This helps recoup your investment if you buy a used amp and decide afterwords that amp just wasn't "you".

TW

Well it's great if the prices don't change thorugh US dealers because up here(Canada), I tried a few dealers and their prices were different from one another. :?

The worst is that I called Mesa to tell them and to my surprise, they told me the Canadian retail prices are the same as for US dealers. :evil:

I'll make sure to bargain on those suckers when I'll go get my amp :twisted:

Anyone experienced that? Or do you think it's simply that dealers don't want to sell at cost (who would blame them...)

I was told by a Mesa employee today that there will be a price increase across the board in February.

Robert Starling, SOC
Las Vegas

Yep. I was told of a price increase as well. Around $100 on everything after NAMM. Also was told of a 1X12 version of the 5:25 Express.

Sounds like I better make a decision and fast if I want to save some money! Thanks for the heads up, that really makes a difference!

Rob

Back