MEsa Boogie Caliber.50 without Push/Pull Volume Poti ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duaffe

Reaction score
Hello and greetings from germany....

Yesterday i bought me a caliber 50 witch sounds great....ist the EL34 Version, with EQ and a Lead Master Poti and powered Class A. With the footswitch i can switch beween Clean and Lead Modus. I can change the volume of the Lead Modus with the Lead Master. Bit later on the eving i realize that ther is no Push/pull Poti ? It this normal ?

duaffe said:
Hello and greetings from germany....

Yesterday i bought me a caliber 50 witch sounds great....ist the EL34 Version, with EQ and a Lead Master Poti and powered Class A. With the footswitch i can switch beween Clean and Lead Modus. I can change the volume of the Lead Modus with the Lead Master. Bit later on the eving i realize that ther is no Push/pull Poti ? It this normal ?

Did you mean it is the EL84 version?

Dennis

I don't have the EQ or the third toggle switch for it. Mine is a combo. Is this picture similar to the one you have? I have 7 knobs.

50CalFront.jpg

Dennis

It is normal NOT to have the push pull knob.

Nice amp.

Are the tubes new? If so you should be getting some great tone. If not you should still be getting some good tone. I always recommend putting a cooling fan in because the EL84s can get rather hot. I actually notice a difference in clarity after an hour or playing between running the fan and not running the fan.

Dennis

Back