Mesa 20:20

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of that depends on the condition and age, but I'd say 500 isn't horible for either party... but get it cheaper if you can.

Silver faced 20/20's aren't different than black faced, just older. Might want to inquire if the deep mod has been done.

THe DEEP mod....thats taken the caps out right? If it hasn't been done... I'll try it as is... if don't like it... I will do it if its not to difficult... later Rick

Getting ready to unpack her.... but want to make sure I don't screw things up... would I run it like this... pre amp, BBE, 20:20??? and how would I run it to my cab...
PICT0039-2.jpg

the words above the inputs says stereo wiring

I am presuming that you intend to run a stereo set-up, therefore you need to know if that 8ohm designation is overall or per side. I it's like the G-Flex cabs it overall and stereo is half that rating, therefore...out of the 4ohm each side of 20/20 into each side of cab. You'd best be served by putting a meter to each side of that cab to verify.

I wouldn't bother getting it fixed professionally, unless UPS have agreed to pay for it. If you disassemble the front and remove the faceplate, you should be able to straighten the plate and bend the brackets straight with some pretty basic tools and a bit of care. Shouldn't be a big job at all. The real question is, does it sound ok?

Yeah waiting on UPS to check it out.... to see if they will pay for it... i know some machinist and sheet metal guys(in the Air Force).... it had one damaged tube... but replaced it and its great... the seller said only one channel is deep modded... but I haven't checked to see which one(by sound I would say A)... so waiting on UPS before i mod the other channel... it kills my Marshall JCM 800 2210... I think I just might be going Boogie for now on :)

I recently went through something similar, though far more extreme on a 50/50. It looked like it got kicked down lots of stairs. Went to Boogie, fixed tested, new face, seller paid...all was good.

No, but Mesa can tell you over the phone. Richard Duvall (service manager) 707-789-3324ph. 707-765-1503fax

Latest posts

Back